Finally got it dialed-in

Finally got my 100cc (79cc) Predator clone kit done! Put on 35 miles over the last few weeks. Got it to 45mph (still has governor). Rides smooth, reliable, sounds good! Sounds like a little 4-stroke pit bike. Had to buy a replacement carb and install new clutch, and adjust valve lash. Pretty happy with it now. Gets lots of attention, especially pulling up to the gas station and pumping gas right into it! Appreciate everyone who helped with good advice.

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 535
  • IMG_4934.jpeg
    IMG_4934.jpeg
    239.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_4927.jpeg
    IMG_4927.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_5060.jpeg
    IMG_5060.jpeg
    399.9 KB · Views: 486
Well, I think it’s a Predator and yes you are right, Honda design. They do run good.
I've used most of them. They are all good, just need a little care if they're going to be stressed a lot. A real Honda rod is the best, but does not fit them all, even though it says compatible with Honda.

A governed engine will last a long time, not much stress at 3600rpm. That is plenty for a bike.

I've used most of them. They are all good, just need a little care if they're going to be stressed a lot. A real Honda rod is the best, but does not fit them all, even though it says compatible with Honda.

A governed engine will last a long time, not much stress at 3600rpm. That is plenty for a bike.

Totally agree! I’m a Honda man all the way. Predator does seem like a solid platform as well. Fun hobby and I enjoy this community, much more involved that even the dirt bike forum I’m involved in.

Thanks
Some Harley dealers were selling them too, that's where I almost bought mine, but I ordered from Whizzer USA
View attachment 201823View attachment 201824
Thanks
Some Harley dealers were selling them too, that's where I almost bought mine, but I ordered from Whizzer USA
View attachment 201823View attachment 201824
Well, that explained why it looks factory! 👍🏼 it’s a bad-ass bike! Likely would even be accepted at a biker bar! You taught me something new. I’d love to hear that flathead.

Well, that explained why it looks factory! 👍🏼 it’s a bad-ass bike! Likely would even be accepted at a biker bar! You taught me something new. I’d love to hear that flathead.
One time an older gentleman at the parts storw thought my bike was a whizzer. He asked me where I bought it. He was blown away that it was a kit because it fit the bike so well. Eventually I want to take the BT80 out of this and put it on a hyper cruiser. The cranbrook will likely become a test frame for other engines.

Attachments

• 20230715_205212.jpg
    20230715_205212.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 45
One time an older gentleman at the parts storw thought my bike was a whizzer. He asked me where I bought it. He was blown away that it was a kit because it fit the bike so well. Eventually I want to take the BT80 out of this and put it on a hyper cruiser. The cranbrook will likely become a test frame for other engines.
Looks awesome!

What I really like about it is you took the time to make everything go together and look right. Some others I see where I live look thrown together. Yours has a cool theme and all the components compliment each other. Nice work!
IMO there is no other way. I pay close attention to detail on everything which is probably why I haven't finished alot of my projects

Back