DVR? Other cameras for safety?

Glasses or helmet cams help capture images of faces. For years now I've told cyclist and motorized bicycle riders if they have video evidence of inappropriate behavior being directed towards them it can constitute negligence and possible road rage crimes. Once these idiots start losing license and/or face stiff fines we riders may finally get the respect we deserve on the road. If you do get into a confrontation with someone watch how quickly their attitudes changes when they realize they're being recorded.

Except when you're in the illegal driving a motorized vehicle without a license, lol
-said everyone in EU

Except when you're in the illegal driving a motorized vehicle without a license, lol
-said everyone in EU

Which is why I'm in total compliance with my state law Tennessee, USA 55-8-101(35). My state has a 50cc limit and an automatic transmission clause. Large people, steep hills and small cc engines means you need multiple gear ratios. The law is what inspired me to build a bike that shifts engine driven gears automatically; a legal loophole. Yes, I still have a driver's license. I'm in my late 50's and have never lost my right to drive. I ride my bike for pleasure not because I have to.

Sadly this is a stereo type that has been put on us. It further doesn't help when people with bad cycling habits become part of the motorized bicycle world. All too often, they bring their bad cycling behaviors into our society. If that wasn't bad enough they even make videos of blatant traffic violations and post them on public media. This then causes biased people to think all motorized bicycle riders are drunks who have lost their license and drive recklessly. Thus we can then be disrespected and even endangered. When they realize they are being recorded it then becomes apparent the stereo type they had of you isn't true and they're the ones who need to be afraid of the police.

Last edited:
You can't even insure these, so they are completely illegal no matter what you do sadly. Ebikes (or e-scooters or anything at all that you can use as a vehicle but has any kind of propulsion other than your own) over 300 watts need drivers licenses too, or if it has any kind of throttle other than pedal assist, even if its 10 watts... IMO its a dumb law, but whatever...

You can't even insure these, so they are completely illegal no matter what you do sadly. Ebikes (or e-scooters or anything at all that you can use as a vehicle but has any kind of propulsion other than your own) over 300 watts need drivers licenses too, or if it has any kind of throttle other than pedal assist, even if its 10 watts... IMO its a dumb law, but whatever...

The laws vary from state to state in the USA. My state Tennessee does require a standard driver's license for a self built motorized bicycle but doesn't require restratation or insurance as long as the bike is 50cc or less.

You guys get away with a lot of stuff we wouldn't not only vehicles.. You guys have a lot of cool stuff we can't do.. oof.

Yes.

I walk around outside in t-shirt and shorts every day of the year.:)

Sometimes, I walk around outside just with shorts and rubber slippers.:)

And sometimes, the ocean is a little too warm.

But access to any beach is free!

Right, Wrench?:)

What protection do you carry?
Taurus 9mm. My state is a constitutional carry state, no permit needed for conceal carry. Though i have one anyway, lets me carry everywhere. When the law first passed, alot of people had signs saying no firearms allowed inside, (a provision of the law was if you dont want them allowed you post a notice) so i got my permit so i could carry in there anyway. Being on a bike, i cant exactly tuck it in a glove box, lol. I have not seen one of these signs in a couple years now tho, so pretty much can carry anywhere but goverment buildings.

Attachments

• 1596915673590338015986.jpg
    1596915673590338015986.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 197
Back