DUI

i'm talking beauty tables...50 cents, win or lose you both put a quarter in, no gambling
allowed, most-xlent jukebox, $2 pints-o-bud :D

...and prolly an excellent source of revenue for the sherrif's office ;)

augidog said:
i'm talking beauty tables...50 cents, win or lose you both put a quarter in, no gambling

I can only think of one more thing a guy could ask for, but I probably shouldn't mention that here. :eek:

Steve said:
augidog said:

I can only think of one more thing a guy could ask for, but I probably shouldn't mention that here. :eek:

i'm pretty sure you're thinking the same thing i'm thinking....hahaha!

:LOL: guys, guys... :LOL:

everything i need is easy to find here, wutta life :)

i was telling a story about avoiding dui, and look where it got me....in trouble anyway :p

HEY! A drunk driver bought my bike(s) all 5 of them! (different sizes and shapes from my motored bike to my 800cc Suzuki) And my ATV, and MY HOUSE AND SEVEN ACRES!!!!!

Of course I'm half crippled, but that's what the engine is on the bike for!

Don't drive drunk, even if you have good insurance.

It's been said before but it bears repetition, you can get a DUI on practically anything that moves. Including, but not limited to horses, regular bicycles and lawnmowers.

One of the favorite local stories around here is from the 70's when George Jones and Tammy Wynette lived around the corner. George caught a DUI (which was tough in the 70's) and lost his license. He skirted the law by riding his lawn mower to the store to buy his beer. They have since closed that loophole.

I've seen several horse DUIs in the last year (I'm a weird news nut) and each time the rider was found guilty. I think the best two that I read were the woman who charged police with the horse and the fella who tried to make a fast get away by spuring the horse hard and promptly got tossed over the front of the horse.

What would happen if you got pulled over riding your motorized bike while under the influence? Do you think you would get a DUI? or a BUI?

Does anyone know the details?

In Alaska, one can get a Dui on a motor assisted bike, un assisted bike, or large dog. (Just kidding about the dog) Alaska is very tight on anything alcohol, because it is a serious problem here) It kind of surprised me that there isn't too much interest in the MB issue so far. Normally I just be cool about the whole thing, and pedal when I see a squad, and other than a few looks and smiles I haven't had any grief. Thank goodness for that. How long this will continue, I don't know. I tried to research the state laws, but couldn't understand much of what was being said. It looks to be a very gray area, and that could be a bad thing. The police seem to have a "kill em all and sort them out later" attitude when it comes to judgement calls, and the court seems to back them up. Best thing seems to be a "low profile" so far. :cool:

Denny

LawnMower.. Too Funny

I was in Tampa on a job years back.. With a local at a little eatery with a view of the parking lot. A REALLY OLD senior citizen rolls up on a tricked out lawn tractor. It was outfitted with extra headlights, tail lights, truck horn, and 2 HUGE CB antennas with orange flags all over it. The guy was a stereotype of Floridians.. Pants up to his chest, Checks and stripes together, no socks and dress shoes. My local coworker put his head in his hands and exhaled.. Jeez.... Only in Florida will you see THAT!!!

I know in AZ they are very zealous about handing out as many DUIs as possible. Frankly, losing my license from a DUI is what created my initial interest in motored bikes. I have heard of people getting DUIs here on horseback, in their tractors, on skateboards, even sitting next to a parked car while the keys were in the ignition. Basically if they can give you a DUI here, they will. End of story. Best not to tempt fate because the penalties are extremely rough here.

Dui concerns

I know for sure that one can be charged in AZ. and probably most other states on a bicycle,lawn tractor ,A.T.V.,etc.I got two dui's within a 5 year period and am facing a felony charge and 6-months work release and thats if I can find a job.The market bhere is very tuff at the moment and knowone is hiring.It's simply not worth risking your future.This type of thing runs in my family with many affected i.e. suicide,prison,broken familys,ruined carreers etc.It's very difficult for say "normal" people to grasp and understand.All I know is I won't take the bike out with a drop of alcohol in my system.My last arrest was 6/22/07 and I blew A .387 Thats legally dead for most folks.I went back to A.A. And the bike gets me there easily so I can stay soberWith the legal ambiguity related to motorized or (power assisted) bikes we will remain open to scrutiny depending on the officer that your dealing with.I have spoke with two seperate officers in my town and both seemed to be knowlegable of AZ. laws.I think the 20 mph law is silly but they stated "a bicycle that generally operates at or around 20" and then then stated just 'behave' and we won't bother you.The robin 35cc is quiter than I expected and I can push it with pedal power to about 38 mph,but I wont push it.20mph is not intimidating to me on the bike at all,but if if driving "loaded' all you need to do is make one mistake.I have not had an auto accident in over 20 yrs.I find the drivers in AZ. are very careless,no signals,no stop signs,no communication and you need to consider that we are "smaller".O.K,O.K, my rant is over.I need to practice my fingerpicking (guitar) and at least learn Greensleeves.Peace out.........Bill P...I will attempt to post pics shortly.:)

Back