Downtown Denver

I studied my trail map online and decided to tackle this trail I've never been on. It takes me to the Westminister Mall and Costco even. It's fairly far to drive there. Wow. I can actually spend some quality time with my 17 year old daughter when I build that Titan. I'll let her ride that for it's an automatic in the sense it has no hand clutch. That should go a bit easier. I only crossed roads when I had to. Some roads had underpasses. This is why Colorado is cool. They really look out for pedestrians and bikers.
For example. In New York,cars have right of way. In Colorado,cars have to stop for you in any event. I think this is why they really accommodate for you.
Here's MOOP parked at the mall. I was getting upset with me for I forgot my camera then realize I have my camera phone so I always have my camera for I attach it to my keys remember this when you attach your keys to your phone and lose it just dial your phone,you never forget your phone at home,you never leave your phone in your car,you always have a camera with you epic win!
Mall.jpg
Then I rode around twice for I'm an attention hog when it comes to advertising this epic win of a transportation option,then I stopped at Costco.
Costco.jpg
Here's a shot at the Westminister mall as I was heading back home:
Mallfar.jpg
This is actually the only time I touched a street. All sidewalk and bike trails from here(oh and two little side streets up ahead)
92nd st.jpg
Here's a good example to the city catering to us. This road is not that busy and yet they made a tunnel for us to cross this street.
Underpass.jpg
I really believe this is why the cops don't bother us here. They are glad I think that we are actually using what we payed to get.
Makes no sense they are building a whole new development. Looks like a whole new neighborhood when we have literally hundreds of houses here facing foreclosures. We definitely don't have a housing shortage.
Development.jpg
And down the sidewalk trail is an open space park complete with a still dirt bike trail that will get paved as the houses go up.
Sign.jpg
(There's some trail and tunnel shots down below.)
There are HUNDREDS of prairie dogs at this dirt trail. HUNDREDS. It was frustrating for they ducked in their little holes when I took out my camera. That 5th shot if you look ahead you may see some but I couldn't take them up close.
They are so cute and make this "SQUEEK SQUEEK" sound so precious.

Attachments

• trail1.jpg
    trail1.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Trail2.jpg
    Trail2.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 233
  • trail3.jpg
    trail3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 243
  • trail4.jpg
    trail4.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Trail5.jpg
    Trail5.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 250
  • Tunnel1.jpg
    Tunnel1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 232
  • Tunnel2.jpg
    Tunnel2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 238
  • Tunnel2closeup.jpg
    Tunnel2closeup.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 241
  • Tunnel3.jpg
    Tunnel3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Video of part of the trail on Cronus!
I used my camera phone for that bike needs only one hand to operate.
I've got more to upload,but here's a taste. Pardon my singing.
At the time it was appropriate.
Seriously.
It really was. :D
Listen to the engine. Notice how you can hear the drive chain noise over the engine noise.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2NAlAANYqM

The cops may not notice you driving by, just dont sing and draw attention. Maybe it would have sounded better if you new a few more words than just La.La. :D
You've got it made with that trail system. Dude, im hate'n where im liv'n now.

Last edited:
Back