Current Whizzer condition

What happens to the "New" head and cylinder in less than 9 months? It looks all corroded and head bolts rusted. Is this bike stored out side? The last time I saw pictures of this top end from Ray, it looked like new?

What happens to the "New" head and cylinder in less than 9 months? It looks all corroded and head bolts rusted. Is this bike stored out side? The last time I saw pictures of this top end from Ray, it looked like new?
Yes I do store it outside, I do my to keep a tarp over it or put at least under some shelter but it's not perfect. As for the discoloration I'm really not sure why it's done that, I don't think it's corrosion, the head bolts so have some surface rust

How would I go about resurfacing it? And I don't know if it actually is leaking, there's discoloration around there, that's really my only clue
Some fine grit sand paper on a pane of glass would get it as close as you can to flat. Use a sharpie and collor the whole mating surface. Drag it a cross a few time then flip it over. If there is still sharpie in spots your head isn't flat. Just keep sanding and re colloring it until you no longer get sharpie left over.

Back