Classic Terratrike ready for the 'Look At The Flowers' tour!

This time last year I was planning my gutting of my tadpole, to fit my fatbike with a BBS02. Ran the hell out of it last year.
Wife wasn't doing so good.

What a difference a year makes, she's healthy, and asking if her trike ready to go. Said I have to ride a trike to, thats our thing (pouty face).

So, I pouted up a Bafang 48V500W rear hub and bought it.
Its pretty peppy. It cruises up to 25mph pretty fast. Its more a greenway and park and country road cruiser, not a street runner.
20230119_155341.jpg

20230119_155350.jpg

It won't be as versatile as the 7x3 hub on a middrive. It'll be easy. And a lot less chain wear, for a chain 3 chains long thats big.

I think I'm gonna like the change. I forgot how nice it was to kick back and ride.

I’ve never taken it over 33mph, but at that speed it still has throttle, in speed mode 3. Being the most aerodynamic, AND having an overdrive gear I bet it’d get close to 40 if I had nads big enough to do it!

Unlike my bikes, where I often run wide open and hit the wall past 30, I hit the wall of fear at 33mph, there’s no gyroscopic stability on a trike and you can feel it too.

The hub drive topped out at 25mph. Good enough for her trike, and it’s simpler too. 5 modes no gears.
But now I got three shifter machines.
Everyone needs three. 😀😄😁

I’ve never taken it over 33mph, but at that speed it still has throttle, in speed mode 3. Being the most aerodynamic, AND having an overdrive gear I bet it’d get close to 40 if I had nads big enough to do it!

Unlike my bikes, where I often run wide open and hit the wall past 30, I hit the wall of fear at 33mph, there’s no gyroscopic stability on a trike and you can feel it too.

The hub drive topped out at 25mph. Good enough for her trike, and it’s simpler too. 5 modes no gears.
But now I got three shifter machines.
Everyone needs three. 😀😄😁
At least.

Back