Chrome carburetor

senorpyz

Local time
8:51 AM
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
no it wont increase performance any,all stock aircleaners get clogged with gas/oil and need to be clean alot.i reccomend a performance aircleaner,one that has the air filter part atleast 2" from carb opening.
i have a rubber boot hose on the end of the carb running to a 6" pipe and thin airfilter on the end of that,now no more clogged aircleaners and it quiets the engine and i gained 5mph.

one that looks like these,but i forget who sells them.

Attachments

• dsc00564aq6.jpg
    dsc00564aq6.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 272
  • mypics047.jpg
    mypics047.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 247
is that a whole new carburetor or is it just an air filter put on the stock carburetor?

they make a aircleaner for the stock carb (k/N) and they make a high performance carb that comes with a airfilter (sbp).
if you dont have clearance,you can take a rubber boot(from bike shock)or hose and run that to a pipe or airbox(plastic box or cup with lid) and attach filter to the end of that.

measure your carb and go to a auto parts store and find a k/n airfilter or other one that matches the size of the carb take a tape measure with you, a couple of screws or hose clamp will hold it on carb.

K&N air filter. The model number is RC-2550

Last edited:
is the k&n filter you mentioned the one you used with the default carburetor?

i didnt but someone else did and he used that model and 2 screws to hold it on the stock carb.

i have a rubber boot on the end of the carb and tape to a 6" aluminum pipe with no filter.

Back