Carburetor

mirman

Local time
8:49 AM
I was wondering if this carburetor would make the China 80cc motor run faster or better?
Screenshot_20231108-101411.png

I was wondering if this carburetor would make the China 80cc motor run faster or better?View attachment 202619
Not really, I don't think. I've tried it but with regular, un-built motors, the bofeng/nt carb thingie that comes stock these days is better. I think (I could be wrong). the best way to gain a lot of performance (to start) is with an exhaust.

Those aren't any better than the BoFeng carb. The problem with these are there is only one point of adjustment. All you can do is change the main jet so it is really hard to get it to work well across the rpm range. Runs good at high rpm and is terrible at mid or vis versa.
With the BoFeng you have two points of adjustment, the needle for mid rpm and the main jet for high. So it is easier to dial in.
The main jet does affect the needle position to a degree but again just change the needle position and it is good.

Those aren't any better than the BoFeng carb. The problem with these are there is only one point of adjustment. All you can do is change the main jet so it is really hard to get it to work well across the rpm range. Runs good at high rpm and is terrible at mid or vis versa.
With the BoFeng you have two points of adjustment, the needle for mid rpm and the main jet for high. So it is easier to dial in.
The main jet does affect the needle position to a degree but again just change the needle position and it is good.
So it is more just to look cool than getting any advantage out of as far as performance.

What about this one?
If you enjoy endless carburetor tuning by all means keeping buying and swapping out carburetors, If you like being able to ride with minimum futzing around and decent throttle response through all throttle ranges, stick with the BoFeng, that is the most forgiving, easiest to tune carburetor I have found for basic stock setups that just works.

Folks on here can direct you to a good exhaust, I think that'd be a better first step than a carb.

Make sure you have a properly gapped (.025) NGKBR6HS plug. it DOES make a difference! (I speak from experience)

Here is a link in how to get a little more outta your stock carb
And you should check this out too. He goes over different carburetors, i don't remember exactly where though.

Back