Buzzbike gets a makeover for 2024!

20240220_172605.jpg

20240220_172629.jpg

20240220_172645.jpg

Lotsa new stuff.
New (NEW!) wheels. I replaced the rear QR axle with a solid axle.
Disc brakes.
Metal idler and derailleur pulley sprockets with bearings
New throttle and shorter cable
New rear rack

A whole pile of USB lights chucked.

A new light systen with onboard 12V lithium battery. Triple brake lights on rear. 15W RoadShock flood on front. Mini bullet lights with lenses I added to make 360° visible.

Pictures after a battery test running hazard flashers for 3 hours,,dropped 0.2 volts off full 12.6V charge. A voltage display is on top of the black box, charge port and power switch on side, fused inside.

The battery is 3s2p 5800mah. I can charge it with a solar panel but it appears I'll have plenty of range for normal riding using no lights except turn signals and brakes.

Ready To Roll.
😁
20240220_172616.jpg

Nice! Do you have a parts list for the wiring? I plan to make a 12v lighting system run off 13v drill batteries. Also, what did you do for a brake light switch?

Nice! Do you have a parts list for the wiring? I plan to make a 12v lighting system run off 13v drill batteries. Also, what did you do for a brake light switch?
I glued a micro switch to the brake lever, drilled a hole added a stand-off to the moving part. I’ll have to get a pic of that.

May be harder for wiring diagram. I’ve wired control circuits for robots, this kind of wiring I do all in my head except color codes for cabling. I did sketch a ladder for power circuit.
No mistakes as usual, I screw up a lot of things but wiring I got that nailed.
It’s all soldered too.

Back