Broke my ebike today Ah 💩!

DieselTech

Local time
1:42 AM
Well went for a 40mile ebike ride today, but my bike broke on the way home!

I came to a stop sign today & stopped. Then took off from the stop sign & only had 16mph max. AH I Say!!! 💩🤬🤬🤬

Well got home & did some troubleshooting, had a error code 05, soo looked that up & found it's a brake failure code.

Luckily my bike must have a limp home mode if a brake failure is present. Man I'm glad 2 cause pedaling a 120lb bike sucks!!!

So I had a nice leisurely ride home at 16mph.

Waiting on a Freego email on what to do. Hopefully 2mrow I can check the connectors & such to the controllers & brake levers.
20231109_210308.jpg

Bummer, but the bright side is you are not watching a lithium fire out in the country miles from home. Pun not intended.
Hope the company sorts you out in your favor.
Yeah no fires. I had a new lithium 3s lipo r/c battery go up once in my house & I thought it was going to torch the house down b4 I got it outside & watched the pyro show. Bad news when them cells go into their chemical chain reaction explosions cell by cell. Each cell is like a blow torch as they go up.

Forget the thread "Beware the Fenders", now it is "Beware the Batteries"...lol.

You had one of those batteries go up on ya in the house once and saw how bad it was and yet you still bought an Ebike???...lol...lol.

Microswitch on the brake levers? Only connection of brakes to the controller is to disable some feature for safety, or to deactivate a feature till resumed. Has to be simple fix. Brake light too if equipped.

Microswitch on the brake levers? Only connection of brakes to the controller is to disable some feature for safety, or to deactivate a feature till resumed. Has to be simple fix. Brake light too if equipped.
Dang you just get out of the pen!!! I was starting to worry bout you. Lmao I havent heard from you in a while & thought maybe your cats ate you. 🤣😂🤣

Ok I done all this wizardry that the Freego service tech told me to do. Changed 1 setting & Some how I got full throttle back. How the heck did the display just change up the factory settings, just willy nilly?

Programming glitch? Idk how it just out of the blue changed its own settings? I'll go try it in the morning. But I'm getting 43mph free load speed again.

Back