Engine Trouble Bogs off over 5mph; operating @ idle speed.

noyo

Local time
6:37 AM
Operating @ idle power. Going 5mph without gas throttle; I give it a little gas and it could go 8mph and then the higher I throttle; the more it bogs until it's completely off. Tuning it up now -

Replaced the magneto (metal arms + wire set); magnets still magnetized; theres more space in between the magneto metal arms and the magnet then the last one. Replaced the cdi box; Have a good 3 pronged spark plug; a good gold tip spark plug boot - a good spark. Getting perfect gas; carb tuning is perfect. Idle screws good at 5mph. Got some new clutch pads.

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you have an issue with an air leak or your carb tune
So I should tighten all the screws up?
The top of my carb head is wedged on the bike axle at the moment; the back mount screws vibrated out. It's like half melted. I don't really think that's the problem though; I've heard they run pretty good with the carb head taken off. Do you have any more suggestions?

So I should tighten all the screws up?
The top of my carb head is wedged on the bike axle at the moment; the back mount screws vibrated out. It's like half melted. I don't really think that's the problem though; I've heard they run pretty good with the carb head taken off. Do you have any more suggestions?
I have one! Post a couple pictures so we can see what you're dealing with, then we can guide you to make it better.

I have one! Post a couple pictures so we can see what you're dealing with, then we can guide you to make it better.
The carb needle got stuck in the jet; c clips is missing. Where do I get a new one? Or make one. Will a paper clip do?

Back