Bike is firing but doesn't have enough power to stay on

comprassion

Local time
2:21 AM
Basically as title says.
Once I release the clutch the bike starts firing but doesn't "move me forward", as it just slows down till it sputters and dies, stopping the bike.
When I get it firing if I peddle it continues to fire/increase rpm until I stop peddling, then it slows and dies. I have been testing on flat ground.

I have compresion and spark (switched from stock plug to NGK) and my NT carb seems to be working.
I am using a ExGizmo 80cc engine kit from Amazon (no manual included lol), but it seems to be a dime a dozen china engine.
Hence, idk what to do lol. Any ideas?

Yea, unscrew the cable cover and take out the needle and move the little clip on the needle down one notch.

Yea, unscrew the cable cover and take out the needle and move the little clip on the needle down one notch.
Aight I'll give that a try and report back here.

The little clip on the needle is called a "Jesus Clip" because if ya don't put it on right it will fly away and you'll say "Jesus where did it go" :ROFLMAO:

Be careful, don't loose little parts. Operate over a clean towel.
So I moved the clip to the second lowest slot and the bike has the same problem, but now there's some smoke coming outta the exhaust (good thing?).
I've included some pictures and a vid of me trying to get it running (sorry in advance for the bad angle)
Yes I am running no air filter atm, just makes it easier to tinker and replace the carb. The problem was still the same with the filter.
vid:

The little clip on the needle is called a "Jesus Clip" because if ya don't put it on right it will fly away and you'll say "Jesus where did it go" :ROFLMAO:
lol I was kinda scared to take it off, i felt like the thing would spring off and disappear :eek:

Attachments

• 2021-05-10 13.51 (1).jpeg
    2021-05-10 13.51 (1).jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 2021-05-10 13.51 (2).jpeg
    2021-05-10 13.51 (2).jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 2021-05-10 13.51.jpeg
    2021-05-10 13.51.jpeg
    123.7 KB · Views: 154
So I moved the clip to the second lowest slot and the bike has the same problem, but now there's some smoke coming outta the exhaust (good thing?).
I've included some pictures and a vid of me trying to get it running (sorry in advance for the bad angle)
Yes I am running no air filter atm, just makes it easier to tinker and replace the carb. The problem was still the same with the filter.
vid:

lol I was kinda scared to take it off, i felt like the thing would spring off and disappear :eek:

I see the choke is on half way, do you always have it there?

I see the choke is on half way, do you always have it there?
No I move it around while trying to get it started. I was half choke in the video, but I've tried no choke and full choke to no avail.
While trying to start I vary the throttle and the revs don't change (regardless of choke)

Here, check pic #4, make sure float is set right.

Here, check pic #4, make sure float is set right.
Float is setup just like the picture, made sure to check it when I was adjusting the carb needle

Back