Bearing Issue - Any Opinions

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
I think the Blaster Graphite Dry Lube is a good choice to resist
migration and heat. It dries to a film.

I did the same Oilite mod as you Mike about a year and a half ago. Did an inspection of my clutch lining last week and found my Oilite bushing still looking good. I'm sure mine will last as long as any other part on my ride. Nevertheless, I like your new bearing idea. These new bearings will be open on one side only. When you stack 'em in there put them open face to open face. Some grease is more "sticky" than others and it only takes a little to coat the surfaces. Consider pushing the bearings in a little farther leaving room to then slide an O-ring on the shaft which might keep any grease from working it's way out. Personally I don't think this is going to become the problem you imagine.

Where did you
I did the same Oilite mod as you Mike about a year and a half ago. Did an inspection of my clutch lining last week and found my Oilite bushing still looking good. I'm sure mine will last as long as any other part on my ride. Nevertheless, I like your new bearing idea. These new bearings will be open on one side only. When you stack 'em in there put them open face to open face. Some grease is more "sticky" than others and it only takes a little to coat the surfaces. Consider pushing the bearings in a little farther leaving room to then slide an O-ring on the shaft which might keep any grease from working it's way out. Personally I don't think this is going to become the problem you imagine.
Where did you get the idea that these bearings are closed on one side only? The MR2015 has two open sides. I agree the Oilite solution is a good one and easy to mod but I like to go to bearings for a permanent solution. Here's the MR2015:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have never seen a clear picture like this. I was mistaken for sure thinking the balls had a different shape capture ring. So...............try replacing my O-ring idea with a flat rubber seal. I was thinking something like a garden hose washer. Maybe you can cut one with a razor blade and remove a piece until it fits tightly around the shaft. It should hold most of the grease inside the bearing. I think it's worth experimenting with Mike. Or using an Exacto Knife cut a seal from a piece of sheet rubber, or even some Tupperware like material.

I am going to order the bearings from China. The minimum is
100 plus shipping. I'll explore if there is some way to make a seal
like you said, but it has to be very secure so it doesn't come apart during use.
Otherwise, I'll use the dry lube which I think is a good idea. If you're
interested, I send you some to experiment with.

Back