Bafang 750w rear hub Freewheel Removal Tool

Wrench

Local time
2:00 AM
If your Bafang 750w rear hub has the power cord coming out the end of the axle on the freewheel side, your gonna need a special Freewheel removal tool (12 spline) that will fit over the power cord plug and the axle nut There are only 2 freewheel Removal Tools that will work without modifications to the tool. Bolton , and Rad Power Bikes
The ID of the Freewheel Removal Tool must be at least 20mm to fit over the axle nut and ya still gotta gently file the nut edges so the tool will fit over it.
You'll need to take off the freewheel to remover the hub motor Those planetary gears need to be greased at least every 2 k miles
DSCF2175.JPG

First, I bought the DNP removal tool (Amazon) made for the DNP 7s 11-34 Freewheel,
Their description said "ID 20mm at the splines", so I took a chance because I can return it on Amazon if it don't fit
It didn't fit, it won't slide over the nut
This tool can be modified to work but I decided not to modify it
DSCF2194.JPG

DSCF2171.JPG
DSCF2173.JPG

The DNP has a step inside that reduces the ID on the top side
DSCF2163.JPG

DNP 7s 11-34 Freewheel
DSCF2187.JPG

I kinda had a feeling that the DNP Tool wasn't gonna work so I also bought the Area 13 Bolton Freewheel Removal Tool for the 750W Bafang
DSCF2172.JPG

Bolton Aera 13 tool description says it has an ID of 20mm and yes it does + a little more (y)
DSCF2174.JPG

Fit's nice and works
DSCF2188.JPG
DSCF2195.JPG

The other 12 spline DNP 7s 11-34 Freewheel Removal Tool is by Rad Power Bikes
I didn't even bother buying this tool because Rad cut a slot in the tool to fit over the cable so ya don't have to slide it over the nut.

Most the Reviews about Rad Power bikes tool says it bends when using force to loosen the freewheel, tool now slips and won't work, bends and has to be cut off
Then some reviews say to jam a screwdriver in the slot so it wont bend :ROFLMAO:
I'don't wanna play with it I wanna use it, so I bought the Area 13 Bolton tool
Most Freewheels are on really tight and need alot of force to remove them, I know mine was
But there were a few reviews that said the Rad Power Bikes Freewheel Removal tool works fine,
I guess their Freewheels weren't on tight,

Buy The Bolton Area 13 tool and save yourself any hassle, but even with the Bolton tool, not all nuts are made the same and your still probably gonna have to gently file the nut edges a little bit so the tool will slide over
There is limited space for the tool to fit in the 12 splines so 20mm is the max the ID of this freewheel removal tool can be without weakening it

Some reviews of the Bolton Tool says it will bend or warp on the end of the tool (hand wrench end) when using alot of force to remove the freewheel, and if this happens the tool is gonna have to be cut off, But if ya screw the nut on the axle so it's in the end of the tool, it will save the tools ID shape, That's what I did

When putting the Freewheel back on the Bafang Hub use anti-seize on the threads so it's easier to take off next time (y)

I separate the motor on my bikes, and just leave the freewheel on and grease it, pop the bolts off and it pulls right off with the planetary gears. I have 3 of them, the greasing it definitely a maintenance must.

Attachments

• FREEWHEEL.jpg
    FREEWHEEL.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 102
I separate the motor on my bikes, and just leave the freewheel on and grease it, pop the bolts off and it pulls right off with the planetary gears. I have 3 of them, the greasing it definitely a maintenance must.
Yep, you can do that because ya got a smaller sprocket 7s 11-28
I can't do that with the 7s 11-34 freewheel the 34t sprocket covers the screws,
But some have put a notch between the sprocket teeth to be able to insert the screwdriver bit to remove the screws,
I thought about notching the sprocket but that would take off the nickel plating and it'll rust

Removing the sprocket isn't a big deal now that I got the removal tool and used anti seize on the threads, it'll be easy to remove

BTW I like the 34t, it's my crawl thru rough terrine and climb super steep hills gear It's a must for an off road fat tire bike

DSCF2200.JPG

Ah, I see. The bike my wheel came off has a smaller freewheel, it's a 3 ring crank up front, you can use the small one for a creeper gear.

Back