at it again...a real pipe this time...

perhaps, or any other true 2 stroke CDI adapted for use on this engine.

Your pipe building expertise is really impressive but no pipe is going to make up for all the other inadequate factors.
I like your long tapered baffle cone which is what's needed for a broad powerband. I hate that only pipes with steeply tapered baffle cones are available for this engine. People have to cut them and weld in an extender to adapt it for this engine. But that actually works even better than a long cone.
I'd love to see you make pipes available for this engine.

yes, ok, its a very dodgy video! i need a new camera! i need a mount for my new camera! zip ties dont work :(

and im working still on how to do a split screen or "side by side" video to compare a stock pipe with my weasel pipe!

anyway. enjoy. watch out for my foot about halfway through...on the steepest part! this thing does not need pedalling, and i couldnt anyway! its been stuck in first gear since i cut all the cables :D

this is on a COMPLETELY STOCK engine, BTW.

(engine) vibration is minimal (ignore the video) when it comes on the pipe! no rubbers, no thick grips, no counterweights or reduced weights or anything involving wolfram or plumbum.

yes, i am looking at making these pipes for, so far, $150 seems to be the estimated price. still waiting for a quote on lasercutting the profiles out. another two hours and i take my business elsewhere.

custom pipes, to suit other frames, engines, etc, will be at least twice that cus there is a lot of work in them! ive done one for a bultaco 250. the guy was happy to fork out $1500. he looks at his trophies and says "$500 each!". it took 4 days.

lets see... muffled? yep, just hacked up an old HT muffler. take out its guts, lengthen the stinger with some 15mm tubing, drill 6x5mm holes, which give a peak attenuation (60db) of 2100Hz in a 200mm length of 50mm tubing. 10 db attenuation on either side of peak.
PICT0290 (Large).jpg

just another pic. yes, there IS a schwinn stingray there, waiting, waiting... for me to make a vtwin 4poke!
PICT0292 (Large).jpg

what was this last one? oh! yes! the perforated reversion cone INSIDE the other one... i really gotta experiment with this more...size of holes, total open area of the mesh, etc etc... remembering to reduce the cone template by the material thickness so it will actually FIT INSIDE... so far, results are...inconclusive. so i pulled it off and just used a standard cone. and yes, i do smoke.
PICT0293 (Large).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back