Ask the Experts......... [bicycle history]

Status
Not open for further replies.
huffy age

does anyone know how old this huffy is ?

Attachments

• old huffy.jpg
    old huffy.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 824
another oldie....

Nice patina--- no damage
Had solid or semi-solid tires.
Top bar (tank) Convertible -- boys or girls

002.jpg003.jpg

004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg

Peaked fenders (AMF ?)

& the head badge appeared to have been a sticker.

Yard sale find! 1937 B F Goodrich.

Granddaughter and I decided to go shake off some of the winter doldrums at a spring syrup festival and hit some of the yard sales on the way. First place we stopped had this bike for sale, it's a 24in. boy's made by Schwinn for BF Goodrich and has the Chicago sticker on the seat post. Looks like the original paint but beyond that I have no idea if the other parts belong there, so if anyone can help me out? Haven't made up my mind whether to restore or motorize it, what do you think rare or what?

Attachments

• 100_0284.jpg
    100_0284.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 708
  • 100_0285.jpg
    100_0285.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 894
  • 100_0287.jpg
    100_0287.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 697
  • 100_0288.jpg
    100_0288.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 693
Ok after looking the bike over better today I don't believe that it's a 1937 model, to me it looks to be a late 40's or early 50's. Had thought that sprockets had been changed since it's not a skip tooth. But closer inspection makes me think that they're the originals.

52,53,or57?

Ok, I found the numbers stamped on the left rear dropout, C13705. When I went thru the listings it looks like it could be from any of the years listed. Is there a way to narrow it down more? Like maybe the type of rear hub? Or doesn't it matter when I'm looking for parts? or would any early 50's DX parts work? I know I ask a lot of questions, but the only dumb ones are the ones you don't ask.

Elgin Motor bike

badger 001.jpgbadger 002.jpgbadger 003.jpg

I'm new to the site. So everyone bear with me. I'm trying to find information on my latest addition to my bicycles. I was told this a 40's Elgin with a 40's WMB Briggs and Stratton motor. I bought the bike at a recent estate auction. He had a large collection of bikes everything from Harleys to Whizzers. I don't know if this was home made or what. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ok..... this one might be a stretch.

It's BMX, it's Murray..... I've been on the BMX museum site & found nothing like it.
BMX has become part of bicycle heritage.... just hope somebody knows maybe when it was built.
Any help is appreciated.

View attachment 21419View attachment 21420
label says: "Murray Ohio Mfg. Company Lawrenceburg, Tenn.. USA"

View attachment 21421View attachment 21422<--- Bendix 76 -- Mexico

View attachment 21423View attachment 21424

View attachment 21425View attachment 21426
I know this is an old thread, but that's actually a 1977 Western Flyer Dirt Duster "muscle bike". It originally came with a straight banana type seat and a number plaque. The Murray frames were nearly identical to the Western Flyer except for they didn't have the stem/frame support where the fork and gooseneck meet, and the Western Flyer did. I had both. The banana seat messed up on mine and so I put a single seat on it instead. Broke the frame right at the support and had to repkace it with the Murray one without the support. Later on it got stolen, but I still have the original frame, I just have to sleeve and weld it...lol 12 years of bmx and jumping it kinda done it in.

I know this is an old thread, but that's actually a 1977 Western Flyer Dirt Duster "muscle bike". It originally came with a straight banana type seat and a number plaque. The Murray frames were nearly identical to the Western Flyer except for they didn't have the stem/frame support where the fork and gooseneck meet, and the Western Flyer did. I had both. The banana seat messed up on mine and so I put a single seat on it instead. Broke the frame right at the support and had to repkace it with the Murray one without the support. Later on it got stolen, but I still have the original frame, I just have to sleeve and weld it...lol 12 years of bmx and jumping it kinda done it in.
I know that you know this thread was old, and you included some good information, but digging up the old threads isn't something we like to do here so I am going to go ahead and lock this thread. Most of these members haven't been here in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back