Anyone Pedaling?

Well, it's been a while since I started reading the posts here and asking questions.
I found a used 2004 Gary Fisher Wahoo mountain bike with a new Rock Shox front fork, a new front brake caliper set and new gearset. Someone had a lot of work done on the bike and decided he didn't want it so the dealer gave me the bike for the cost of parts and labor. I put a new Bontrager H2 26 tire on the rear and left the original MTB tire on the front. I ordered and received a Honda GX35 from Tulsa. I ordered the BMP kit and am still waiting for that. Now I have to go to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles to get a sticker.
Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their thoughts and experiences.
I should hopefully be able to try this thing out soon.

Last edited:
I pedal all the time. I am a lifelong pedal cyclist and I just enjoy pedaling. It just seems to me that a bike should be pedaled.

I have a Tanaka 32cc with the GEBE system. At 30 mph, pedaling casual pedaling adds only 1 mph. Hard pedaling (unsustainable for long) adds 2 mph.

I have tested the effect of pedaling on big hills. With hard pedaling I go about up at 24 mph. With no pedaling the speed uphill is 16 mph. Thus, pedaling really helps on hills.

When I hit a bike train, I just turn off the motor and pedal normally at about 12 to 15 mph on flats, which feels really slow! There is very little friction, but I really feel the extra weight going up hills.

Folks who pedal their bikes without using the motor are lazy!

Back