4-strokers: What oil do you use? What does your drained oil look like?

Dear Mr Aleman

Your thoughts have been considered and upon reflection it would seem that your argument has some merit, even if the Corvette has a rear suspension system dating back to the era of Roman Chariots!

Many pleasant regards
Fabian

Transverse monoleaf works well tho! It minimizes sway between the suspension and the body. Even an '86 Vette with Z-51 handling package still matches or exceeds many new cars on the skidpad. The old Z-51 handling package isn't notable for driver comfort lol. As for modern Vettes, they have magnetorheological shocks available to actually make things comfortable. I read an article that tested them when they came out and a driver put a cup of coffee on the dash and drove down a dirt road, the coffee didn't spill. You can also just about ignore speed bumps with those shocks, they "read" the street approximately 100 times per inch and compensate constantly. Bet the ancients would have loved that!

The "Soviet" 2 stroke bicycle engines were first made in 1958.

You're going by the thread about the D4, D6, and D8 engines. In that thread it was said the factory that produced them started in '56 or '57, depending on the post you read. I read an article in 2006 written by a guy who said the Chinese 2-strokes were based on a design that had it's roots in the 1930s, which is what I based my comment on. Who's right or wrong, it matters not, my point was that the chinagirl 2-stroke itself is an antiquated design.

Regardless of all points, one doesn't need to have the latest and greatest to have fun! I'm sure we can all agree on that :D

Back