4-stroke running in

honda 35cc

i use the honda 35cc on a land rider, auto shift and a gebe kit, i weigh 250, go 30mph and get 200mpg. thats hard to beat, no license,reliable and fun. no matter what speed if you want to peddle it is always in the right gear. lets talk---stude13

Whoever's interested:
I went to a place that specalizes in magnets(they do exist) and i ordered a 3mm X 10mm cylindrical rare-earth magnet that retains it's properties to atleast 160C (normal R/E's to 80C & i figured the max oil temp would get to around 80C)
Samarium cobalt mags retain theirs to 400C & are slightly stronger but i couldn't get that size(besides S/C mags are very brittle)
I'll drill the drainplug(IN A DRILL PRESS) to a depth of 8-9mm and eventhough it shouldn't need it(cos the mag will stick to the steel drainplug) i'll glue the mag to the plug.
The ordered mag should get here by the end of this month so i'll post pics....IF someone does it before me please post pics for the group.
Tough little buggers these magnets so i'm confident i've done my best at steel collecting. :)

Cruiser 66 that tray looks really rough. The welding looks bad and there are no slide slots for positioning the engine. I don't mean to be rude but the tray I'm talking about slides in and out to fit different sized frames. It is pretty bad construction too. Who makes your kit?

Your right. It isn't the prettiest looking mount, but it's strong, does not have any threaded holes to strip, and it does fit my bike perfectly. I have no complaints. This is a 'Brand X' kit from Boygofast.

Your right. It isn't the prettiest looking mount, but it's strong, does not have any threaded holes to strip, and it does fit my bike perfectly. I have no complaints. This is a 'Brand X' kit from Boygofast.

The important thing is the strength and I agree that not having threaded holes in aluminium, like those infernal HTs, is a definite plus.

the honda and subaru have pressurized oil systems. you can mount them upside down. i ride about 10-15 hrs then use a turky baster pull the oil and put it in my truck. ride on stude13

Whoever's interested:
I went to a place that specalizes in magnets(they do exist) and i ordered a 3mm X 10mm cylindrical rare-earth magnet that retains it's properties to atleast 160C (normal R/E's to 80C & i figured the max oil temp would get to around 80C)
Samarium cobalt mags retain theirs to 400C & are slightly stronger but i couldn't get that size(besides S/C mags are very brittle)
I'll drill the drainplug(IN A DRILL PRESS) to a depth of 8-9mm and eventhough it shouldn't need it(cos the mag will stick to the steel drainplug) i'll glue the mag to the plug.
The ordered mag should get here by the end of this month so i'll post pics....IF someone does it before me please post pics for the group.
Tough little buggers these magnets so i'm confident i've done my best at steel collecting. :)

I would be very grateful to see a picture of your magnet preferably in your hand so I can see the scale?

Instead of waiting for the end of the month i inserted a 10mm X 5mm rare-earth magnet on the outside of the bolt(inside the bolt rim & grinding the No10 off first)
I super glued it but that's really not necessary cos the whole idea works pretty well & it's EASILY powerful enough to pickup loose steel fragments.You can use a 12mm spanner on the bolt normally.
P1010044.JPG

I seen a letter from a big diesel manufacturer about break in oil changes. They said absolutely follow the manual. If you pull the first oil out too soon the rings will not seat as it is the contaminates that facilitate proper break in.
Synthetics really shine in cold weather.
I take old speakers and break the magnets off them. I then put the broken magnets on any and all of my vehicle oil pans, trannys and diffs. Thanks for reminding me. Once this subaru is broke in I will put one on it.

Last edited:
I seen a letter from a big diesel manufacturer about break in oil changes. They said absolutely follow the manual. If you pull the first oil out too soon the rings will not seat as it is the contaminates that facilitate proper break in.

I don't know about that T. I don't know nothing 'bout diesels, but I've had a pile of small gas engines.

If it's the contaminates that facilitate engine break-in, why put clean oil in to start and not just put in used oil?

Back