What's needed?

Hi kerf -- I would like to be a part of this group.. Once I (or we) learn more -- in regards to what we truly wish to accomplish -- I have some connections here in San Diego with some news reporters and one congressmans office.. There is also a lady (friend over many years) who my neighbors and I have hired to represent us before state and federal law makers -- she has testified before the state of Calif. and in Washington MANY, MANY times -- she (I think) would only charge a small fee -- since this is a worthy cause !! Yes -- thinking GREEN - I would think that's a strong point going for us. Anyone out there willing to contact Al Gore ?? Any one who is trusted much on this site willing to start a fund -- monies collected -- can come in handy -- so as to pay for mailings ect.. At this point I am willing to donate 100 dollars towards our cause... Happy Riding from _ Mountainman

Last edited:
In Alberta here we have some very nice laws made up..very simple to...ive never been pulled over riding yet

here are the laws
http://scooters.8bit-micro.com/downloads/motorcycle_handbook_2005.pdf

(2005 handbook..the laws have not changed)

and here is the text from the handbook below ..to save u time looking

A power bicycle is defined as follows in the:
Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulation.
1(o): “power bicycle” means a vehicle that
(i) may be propelled
(A) by human muscular power,
(B) by mechanical power, or
(C) partly by human muscular power and partly by mechanical power,
(ii) is fitted with pedals that are continually operable to propel it,
(iii) has a motor that produces not more than 750 watts and that is driven
by electricity or has an engine with a displacement of not more than
50 cubic centimetres,
(iv) does not have a hand-operated or foot-operated clutch or gearbox
driven by the motor that transfers power to the driven wheel,
(v) does not have sufficient power to enable it to attain a speed greater
than 35 kilometres per hour on level ground within a distance of 2
kilometres from a standing start, and
(vi) weighs not more than 35 kilograms.
Note: Some vehicles may appear to be power bicycles. However, if they exceed the
weight of 35 kg or the speed of 35 km/h, then they do not fall into the power bike
classification and are, instead, considered mopeds.

there is another small section in the handbook..that states ..no Drivers licsence or insurance or plate is needed....

this is what yer goal should be.....any fee to high i beleive makes these vehicles useless.....One of the major points in riding these vehicles is to save us money....or move to alberta \o/

FIGHT THE POWER

Maddy

now i drive around riding a chopper....with at 67cc Happytime my top speed cuz of my wheel size and sprocket is about 30-35 km....worst a cop has done to me is point ,smile and poke his buddy to look at me....they looked entertained i think more then anything.

Last edited:
aLABAMA ....HERE ALSO PEVED ON THE LAW

Kirf or any one from Bama is to get a ride or a petition together ill be wanting to be part of it also.... ill keep an eye on this thread to see what all is going on.....

Last edited:
By the way, I want to point out on Ronny's behalf, for all you Yankees, he lives in A-RAB not AR-Ab. Had to be said.

Hi kerf -- I would like to be a part of this group.. Once I (or we) learn more -- in regards to what we truly wish to accomplish -- I have some connections here in San Diego with some news reporters and one congressmans office.. There is also a lady (friend over many years) who my neighbors and I have hired to represent us before state and federal law makers -- she has testified before the state of Calif. and in Washington MANY, MANY times -- she (I think) would only charge a small fee -- since this is a worthy cause !! Yes -- thinking GREEN - I would think that's a strong point going for us. Anyone out there willing to contact Al Gore ?? Any one who is trusted much on this site willing to start a fund -- monies collected -- can come in handy -- so as to pay for mailings ect.. At this point I am willing to donate 100 dollars towards our cause... Happy Riding from _ Mountainman

To Madwack -- I think that the laws of your state -- READ JUST FINE !!! A little more input out there ? I 'll raise that to 200 dollars --- Happy Riding from - Mountainman

I'm all about raising some money as long as we all know it will do what we're planning to do with it. Thing is, I don't trust anybody I've never met... and I don't trust 80% of the people I have met. So who gets the money??

I think it is a necessity, tho. I feel like letters will have the best reaction, followed by phone calls, followed by emails which are much easier to replicate & delete.

Anybody got an idea on how we could organize & spend money without the admins getting involved?? I feel like that might be the only way for this to work. Get somebody that multiple people know & trust to collect the money and then distribute stationary?? Or would we be best off just buying our own stuff for the sake of simplicity?

I'm all about raising some money as long as we all know it will do what we're planning to do with it. Thing is, I don't trust anybody I've never met... and I don't trust 80% of the people I have met. So who gets the money??

I think it is a necessity, tho. I feel like letters will have the best reaction, followed by phone calls, followed by emails which are much easier to replicate & delete.

Anybody got an idea on how we could organize & spend money without the admins getting involved?? I feel like that might be the only way for this to work. Get somebody that multiple people know & trust to collect the money and then distribute stationary?? Or would we be best off just buying our own stuff for the sake of simplicity?
To sparky and all interested in promoting our cause.. SOUNDS LIKE WE CAN START TRYING TO PUT THIS TOGETHER !!! #1 if you all agree - maybe a new post started - title could be - HELP TO PROMOTE OUR CAUSE -- or LEGALIZE MOTORIZED BICYCLES -- or ??? #2 Elect a president, secretary and treasurer. To find the right ones is easier said that done - MANY HOURS WILL BE SPENT.. Do we have any volunteers ??? I know one of the best lobbyist in the USA - would she join us in our cause ? - There are some things which we need in place - before asking her - if we can do our part or parts - I would approach her on our behalf... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

#2 Elect a president, secretary and treasurer. To find the right ones is easier said that done - MANY HOURS WILL BE SPENT..
Yes, the treasurer is the only one we really need. All of us will be president, coming to a consensus on our actions. And I'll play secretary since I already wrote a first draft to the congressmen & I don't think contact info for the congressmen should be too difficult to find.

I guess we should start a couple new threads for the sake of organization....

LEGALIZE MOTORIZED BICYCLES - BLUEPRINT / DRAFT
LEGALIZE MOTORIZED BICYCLES - STATES TO TACKLE
LEGALIZE MOTORIZED BICYCLES - VOLUNTEERS
LEGALIZE MOTORIZED BICYCLES - CONTACTS

... anybody think there should be different names, different way to organize it, or not all caps??
I know one of the best lobbyist in the USA - would she join us in our cause ? - There are some things which we need in place - before asking her - if we can do our part or parts - I would approach her on our behalf...
Ask her what she thinks would be in our best interest. We are going to have to tackle each individual state that isn't MB-friendly... so that's a lotta places she won't care about & a lotta people she won't talk to. We're prolly gonna be up to ourselves, but any advice is certainly encouraged to be brought here.

sparky -- those new thread names -- sound fine.. Do you wish to post ? I wish to be a volunteer -- in any way possible -- and contribute once fund has been set up... Happy Riding from - Mountainman

Let's wait and see if anybody else has any other ideas, or if someone thinks we should keep all this in one thread.

I'll create the threads tomorrow if anybody doesn't have any other suggestions.

Back