Engine Horsepower?

nitro is only giving you a better burn as nitro burns longer so it still burnning as it comes out the exhaust! nitro helps nothing! only a 12 year old with one of these bikes would be smart enough to use nitro in a gas engine

Exactly right- nitro has 25% of the energy content as gasoline, but you can burn 8.7 times more nitro with the same amount of oxygen. This means you have to get the carb to deliver 4 time more fuel than gasoline to equal gasoline. If you want more power, you have to go up from there.

Point of fact- if you increase the fuel delivery in you engine enough to run on nitro- it will not run on gasoline. If you do not increase the fuel delivery, ay best, power will not increase.

are we talking hobby nitro fuel? or race nitro used in top fuel cars here? because i know that you dont have to do extensive modifications to switch from gas to nitro fuel.

since i found the blue thunder jug last summer. bout a year and a half.. not year round of course we have 2 feet of snow most the year..

oh and it's lil RC Truck and Car Nitro. no mods at all

when i do ride the bike i take it 16 miles east than 16 back. takes under 20 minutes a trip. strait threw the center of anchorage

Last edited:
caint see why such a need for speed on a bike,,, need to go that fast get a motorcycle..... as far as bicycles are conserned... i would rather make them look nice and ride a long time with no troubles than to try to get there faster jus to have to work on it more .... less work = more ride........ faster = law dogs..... ugggggg..... more ride and less work = more fun .... woohoo ill keep mine stock and enjoy the ride ... but yall modify and tinker all ya want i still love to read yalls post on what works and what doesnt .....(and yes i know i caint spell for shi** )

dude. what i meant was it takes 20 minutes or less to do 16 miles in city. not a complete 32 miles there n back. i gotta hangout with my freinds and brag about the thing befor i head back.

Nitro burns slow like diesel and has 1/4 the energy output of gasoline. It is not better unless you have a nitro carb that dumps 8 times more fuel into the engine than your current carb. You cant afford to run on nitro if you are using this for anything other than racing. If you can go 20 miles on a tank of gasoline that means just over 2 miles on a tank of nitro.

my carburator is stock. it's manifold was legnthend and turnd tho. bout 2-3 inches..
it's almost a 10 mph higher top speed for my mechine. just from a shot or two of the nitro fuel i have.

Hi Zetti,

How was the performance of you engine with the lengthened manifold WITHOUT the nitro?

I had tinkered with varying the length of the intake so I was just curious as to your results.

Thanks!

Andrew

Nitro burns slow like diesel and has 1/4 the energy output of gasoline. It is not better unless you have a nitro carb that dumps 8 times more fuel into the engine than your current carb. You cant afford to run on nitro if you are using this for anything other than racing. If you can go 20 miles on a tank of gasoline that means just over 2 miles on a tank of nitro.

no wrong nitro makes 4 times the power of gasoline, it does burn slower but it creates a more even burn thus more power distributed onto the piston face. so to compensate for the slower burn you would advance your ignition as well to pre ignite and compensate for the time loss in the burn speed.

for example a friend of mine used to run an extremely fast all VW powered sand drag car. he ran methanol almost all of the time in this car. but he however has run nitro fuel through it. when he made the switch to nitro to get this thing to run he tuned his hilborns much much richer and advanced his timing from 32 degrees to 68.

this thing was go****ed fast with methanol let alone nitro.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/393633.jpg

and for everyone telling people that you need to deliver 4 times more fuel thats wrong. it requires a different A/F mix which means that all you do is jet your carb much much richer, not that you have to take what ever size throat your carb has and times it by 4. its not 4 times the over all fuel delivery its 4 times the fuel in the mixture ratio.

and dude do your math on that one. if you could go 20 miles on one tank of gas with your thinking you would be able to go 5 miles per tank not 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back