CNS performance carb?

well hot enough that i had to let the bike cool a good 20 or more mins to take spark plug out and it was black and dry so just moved clip down, safer rich than to run it long distances lean.

success!

Sorry for the bump here. Just wanted to share this incase it helps anyone.

After buying the speed carb it was not satisfactory so I went back to this carb and to solve all my problems I did the following:

Doubled the o-ring seal using one from the speed carb + stock CNS seal, reset air mix screw to one half turn from tightest setting and adjusted for best idle, ensured proper float level checked all gasket seals and bolts.

The main reason this carb runs so well for me now was resolving the air filter issue. The stock gen3 CNS carb air filter was too restrictive for me, I took the plastic air filter off of the stock NT carb and disassembled the CNS filter. I ended up epoxyng the nt air filter onto the metal circle that grabs the rubber part of the CNS air filter, this solved all my air restriction problems and the CNS has been performing great since :)

Last edited:
The CNS has a larger opening and like an NT has a needle that goes in the jet and you can raise or lower it via the 'pac man' clip.

The air adjust screw is mainly for the idle circuit but it does come into play all the way to mid range throttle.
I built a lot of 2-stroke with CNS and never had to drill jets or replace any, just common sense trial error to get the needle in the right place and air adjustment for the idle side.
I wrote a whole a thing about it here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121

The CNS has a larger opening and like an NT has a needle that goes in the jet and you can raise or lower it via the 'pac man' clip.

The air adjust screw is mainly for the idle circuit but it does come into play all the way to mid range throttle.
I built a lot of 2-stroke with CNS and never had to drill jets or replace any, just common sense trial error to get the needle in the right place and air adjustment for the idle side.
I wrote a whole a thing about it here http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=121

Useful information, thank you. Its hard to find some quality info on this carb sometimes. The CNS I bought does not have any notches on the needle and swapping it with the nt one doesn't respond as well (even with adjustments) I believe this is due too the taper. I could be wrong, maybe I'll give the speed CARB's needle a go as it has 5 notches. Still not really having any problems with this carb just dialing in.

Back