Good-bye to China/Grubee Junk, Hello To Reliable Motorized Bicycling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, the OP continues to twist things around. Yes, I said I have never broken a kit chain. That was referring to the 3 years in which I did use China 2 stroke engines. I have had other parts break and been ripped off by grubee's us vendor, but never broke a chain. I also said that I don't use 2 stroke engines or parts ANYMORE. That was clearly stated in my post. You don't like people twisting your words around and "distorting facts", yet you do it to others repeatedly.

See, the OP continues to twist things around. Yes, I said I have never broken a kit chain. That was referring to the 3 years in which I did use China 2 stroke engines. I have had other parts break and been ripped off by grubee's us vendor, but never broke a chain. I also said that I don't use 2 stroke engines or parts ANYMORE. That was clearly stated in my post. You don't like people twisting your words around and "distorting facts", yet you do it to others repeatedly.

You're not even good at lying. Your point about the chain was irrelevant anyway seeing that the chain I got and you got were not the same in the first place. But here's your full post. Untwist it for me and show me those "undistorted facts". Especially the part were you said "ANYMORE".
I won't wait for an apology.

I'm not using a grubee engine. I'm using a 98cc 4 stroke minibike engine. Had this bike since March. Other than the time it needed repairs due to my own user error, or times that I chose not to drive it due to weather or whatever else, this bike has gotten me back and forth to work EVERY DAY since I built it. The engine starts on the first or second pull EVERY TIME, AND I have NEVER broken a chain. I don't use anything out of a kit except the throttle grip and kill switch, but I never broke a kit chain or sprocket either. I use heavy duty chain from tractor supply now. It's so funny to me that there a lot of people using chain drive on their motorized bicycles (not to mention many motorcycles are chain driven, and yet you still believe that true reliability only comes from friction drive. How many engines died on you again? Like I said, you don't acknowledge anyone who disagrees with you. And what exactly was the point of saying, "how dare you come into my thread saying I don't care about your success stories, because I dont"? You just criticized what I said, then agreed with it.

I say burn all of your bridges while you still have control of the flame

-John

My bike is a 6 month project all ways undergoing improvements and it is actually really reliable today. 2 stroke 66cc shifter kit. I love riding it but I hate the attention I get, I am sick of all the snickers, learing, ect from lame people/kids so i am selling it. hoping to get enough to build a electric stealth.
Hate to sell it but its turning me into a people/kid hating a hole. I am actually to the point of riding it only at night when no one is around.

That sucks, I get cheers, smiles and fist pumps.

Cool, prove your stats, just like I've posted 162 mile in one day trips.No way I can prove it, no way you can prove it, so just take my word for it, that's only fair.So have you done 7.5hr in the saddle 162 miles in one day??Have you done that twice in one month?? I have.I ride more than you, I work on my three GEBE's less than your one FD, I make my money with my bike, more monthly hrs.

Even though you're the head troll and are wrong about everything you have to say about me, therefore reading your comments are a waste of my time. I did do plenty of research before buying my kits but most posts were old and I was hoping the grubee kit would at least last the 6 month warranty life as my first trial run.

Notice you start this thread with complaints, then telling everyone "Honda GXH50 for reliable motorbiking!" then started another thread decrying the EXACT engine you were touting in this thread, you're dense in my book.
So you understand, it's not your forum, it's not your thread, it's public.You're not special, life's not fair.

There you go trolling again. I never said GXH50 wasn't reliable and I'll reiterate, it is very reliable as you'll see below how many hours I've spent working on them. I said it was not durable and they are performing a warranty scam. Did you not know there's a difference between reliable and durable? But thanks for the post any way, at least you get to accumulate more trolling miles...

Nevertheless, I'll love to take this opportunity to verify my miles. And go one step further and break down some repair hours.

In 1 ½ years of riding I've accumulated approximately 14,000 miles (+/-)

Engine: Grubee Skyhawk (died)
Kit: chain drive
Miles: 600
Time: 1 month
Repair hrs: countless
Repair desc: pretty much every part

Engine: Honda GXH50 #1 (died)
Kit: chain/friction drive
Miles: 4000
Time: 5 months
Repair hrs: 10-20
Repair desc: chain/tensioner problems, changed roller bearings and steel reinforced FD bolt holes

Engine: Honda GXH50 #2 (died)
Kit: friction drive
Miles: 4000
Time: 5 months
Repair hrs: 0

Engine: Tanaka PF-4000 (going strong and seems to be getting faster)
Kit: friction drive
Miles: 5600
Time: 7 months
Repair hrs: 0

[miles breakdown]
Work: 35 miles/day
Proof: time clock punches and fellow employees

Girlfriends house: 16miles round-trip 1-3 times per week
Proof: her entire family seeing my pretty face

Golf courses: 24-32 miles round-trip (depending on course) once a week on average
Proof: losing money gambling against my brother and our scorecards

Add on the countless trips to stores, joy riding, hiking, camping, fishing, and malls in between.
All that breaks down to about 180-200 miles a week on average.

180 miles x 78 weeks = 14, 040 miles
200 miles x 78 weeks = 15, 600 miles

Not to mention towing my 92 lb girlfriend typically 1-2 times per weekend everywhere we go. I haven't mentioned that one before. Unfortunately after hitting a below grade sewer cover recently and her foot going into the spokes, our towing days together has come to an end. It's pretty bad, but at least no bones are broken.

Well fellas, I guess I'll check back to my thread with another mile marker down the road. It's your turn gremlin, tell them all how bad my friction kit is etc... etc... better get your reply in before anyone else. hurry up... lol

-John

Last edited:
If you're egotistical enough to think you would ever get an apology from me for anything, you're going to be waiting a very long time. Ok so I didn't use the word "anymore" in my previous post. You've got me there. But how hard is it to use common sense, read my post logically and understand what I was actually saying. I know that you will argue with me again, so I will simply clarify this for you. I used 2 stroke engines and kits for 3 years. Many parts broke on me, but never a chain. I used the same chain for over 2 years, and it did not break. It wore out and the links became stiff, which is what happens to chains, and when that happened I replaced it with kmc, a highly respected brand of heavy duty bmx chain. I used that on my 2 stroke bike for a few months, with no problem. When I built my 4 stroke bike, the kmc chain wouldn't fit the jackshaft sprocket. That is when I switched to 41 chain from tractor supply. So there you have it. I have used both kit chain and and industrial chain, never had a problem with either. But you should disregard everything I say, since I'm a grubee salesman and a troll, so there is no point in responding to me, because arguing with a troll makes you a troll too.

If you're egotistical enough to think you would ever get an apology from me for anything, you're going to be waiting a very long time. Ok so I didn't use the word "anymore" in my previous post. You've got me there. But how hard is it to use common sense, read my post logically and understand what I was actually saying. I know that you will argue with me again, so I will simply clarify this for you. I used 2 stroke engines and kits for 3 years. Many parts broke on me, but never a chain. I used the same chain for over 2 years, and it did not break. It wore out and the links became stiff, which is what happens to chains, and when that happened I replaced it with kmc, a highly respected brand of heavy duty bmx chain. I used that on my 2 stroke bike for a few months, with no problem. When I built my 4 stroke bike, the kmc chain wouldn't fit the jackshaft sprocket. That is when I switched to 41 chain from tractor supply. So there you have it. I have used both kit chain and and industrial chain, never had a problem with either. But you should disregard everything I say, since I'm a grubee salesman and a troll, so there is no point in responding to me, because arguing with a troll makes you a troll too.

ok butterbean, I'm not trying to get under your skin. Most here are following one bad apple and causing others to try to gang up on me. I have no choice but to pick them off one by one. If you try to do the same, I'll treat you the same. If you want to "discuss" motor bikes, I can do that too.

-John

Even though you're the head troll and are wrong about everything you have to say
I'm wrong about everything, except where I've agreed with or supported you,... right?Shall I show you where you agreed with me being "right?What about your decree "who has ridden more miles than I?" there's loads of people here who have, me included, but you're being selective again.
Well fellas, I guess I'll check back to my thread with another mile marker down the road. It's your turn gremlin, tell them all how bad my friction kit is etc... etc... better get your reply in before anyone else. hurry up... lol
Again selective memory, twisting things to support your "shoulder chip".I CLEARLY stated I started with FD, I also CLEARLY stated their good and bad points, there's nothing wrong with them, there's nothing wrong with CG if you like to tinker, some people do.I didn't have any problem with your claim, I have a problem with your incessant DEMAND that everyone WILL do as you say.I agreed with and tried to help your petty BS at the beginning, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you whine and claim everyone who thinks differently than you works for a engine company, crazed talk.
I come by my namesake honestly, a gremlin has three things in his kit:
1) bits of metal to throw in gears
2) gasoline for fires
3) salt for wounds
Have you logged over 162 miles in one day, 7.5 hrs in the saddle?Look up "Bamabikeguy", he makes your miles look very slight.Continue to "lol" your own quotes, no one else will.

I come by my namesake honestly, a gremlin has three things in his kit:
1) bits of metal to throw in gears
2) gasoline for fires
3) salt for wounds

Exactly what happens when you buy parts made in china. gremlin, you have absolutely no good reason or purpose for posting in this thread. I'll just live by this regarding you:

"answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him."

bye,
see next mile marker.

-John

Joncy, notice the ratio of your posts, helpful, to boo-hooing?Your FIRST post is "just here to gripe".Yeah, we got it, you've made it abundantly clear that's what you're here for.

Exactly what happens when you buy parts made in china. gremlin, you have absolutely no good reason or purpose for posting in this thread. I'll just live by this regarding you:

"answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him."

bye,
see next mile marker.

-John

No retort to the challenge you put up huh,... that's what I thought.You asked who's ridden more miles, what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back