The Worksman Wheels are mounted.

Worksman Wheels

After having them in hand for several months, I was finally able to make the time today to mount my Worksman wheels on my Whizzer. These wheels are incredibly overbuilt, so they're perfect for overweight riders like myself. It was a fairly straightforward conversion, but I'm lacking the rear brake switch as the original Whizzer "pork chop" (coaster brake arm) will not fit the Shimano coaster brake without major modification. I still have my brake light activated by my front brake, and I'm kicking a few ideas around for the rear brake switch.
The chain sprocket is larger on the Shimano hub, so that necessitated fitting a half-link to the pedal chain.
The front wheel was an easy retrofit, as Debbie at Whizzer provided me with a WC-1 front brake anchor arm to mate up with the shorter anchor plate that the Worksman drum brake comes with. Worked like a charm!
I did a short test hop to check everything out and discovered that I need to readjust a belt or two. Otherwise, everything is great so far. I highly recommend converting to the heavier Worksman wheels if you're a heavier rider.

Hey Kilroy:

The larger sprocket on the Worksman rear wheel is a bonus: It gives a 10 percent better mechanical advantage when pumping the engine for starting. (22 teeth VS the stock 20 )

Also, since the front brake provides far greater stopping power and is most often used, there is really no need for a rear brake stop-light switch.

HAL (The elder...now 73!)

Last edited:
Back