Sun EZ-3

hi tinker,

Wow i thought that was the orginial fairing from sun it fits your bike perfectly, i think i will shell out the $75 for the shorter fairing and leave it be. I would like the full one as well but i am concerned it would probably be trashed up pretty bad in less than 12 months, maybe in a couple of years.

AT the moment i am running with the 1 1/2 wooden roller and some aggresive tires (i need to change back to slicks) flat cruising i am doing around 15 to 18 comfortable with a top speed of 23 to 25 mph. It doesnt sound too fast but on my wifes trike thats plenty of power for her since this delta style is not the fasted cornering. Motors great, purrs along like a dream, still babying her as its still breaking in.

The engine is restricted at the moment, once i get my new urethane rollers i will put slicks back on, take the restrictor off (temp) and see what this engine is really capable off, with the 1.3/4 roller am sure i could push 35 to 40 easy this honda engine is pretty powerful which could be dangerous on this thing.

I went with the DE system because of two key factors

the kids been towed behind
because of the ease of install

Because of the cambered wheels it causes its own set of problems which cgbjake and aerogoblin have on the usx version of the sun trike but seem to have solved with some professional hands. Your trike with the single axle makes the staton kits an easy setup plus it will save you an extra $300 or so which is a big factor in anybodys book.

As far as engine i have no experience with the robin- subaru so you might want to check out some of the other threads to find out about the power the motor has, these are different rigs too, so choosing the right engine will be critical espicially if you intend towing around the trailer with added weight.

Gave staton a call and talk to Dave if you can, hes hard to get a hold off but hes knows his stuff, and when you tell him about the trike and the terrain, hilly flat etc he will be able to suggest the best setup for your ride.

Back