Schwinn Searcher; thoughts on mounting

Thanks for all the advice, I have been busy with the kids and other stuff but I am going to try to finish the project Saturday.

The chain has a masterlock link on it, so I should be good. I will post pics after.

This is such a frustrating build. The darn tank doesn't fit the oversized tube, so I gotta figure a way to mount that. Nothing is easy....

So I got everything together and the darn chain keeps coming off. I think I need to take one more link out (or two) and put some padding on my pulley so it will be tight, as it is slipping now. Hopefully Saturday is the big day...

Chain tightened up and looks good, but no spark, even after a new plug. I think my CDI is bad... hopefully can get warranty on it.

How did you check the spark?
Check all your wire connectors and ground the plug by letting it sit on the cylinder head and turn the engine over to see if it sparks.
I had trouble with mine, the problem was my kill switch died. Remove kill switch and try again

I pull the plug out, and while hooked up to the CDI I spun the back tire to drive the motor. Does that not work? I do have voltage coming from the motor. I do not have the kill switch currently hooked into the system.

The spark plug needs to be touching ground for there to be a spark, lay it on the cylinder head and try it again.

So I got a new CDI and things are running great now. I took it around the house a few times, not as much power as I had hoped for, but still fun to ride. I will post pictures in a few days.

thanks for everyones help!

Good luck with your bike. I am putting a Honda wt. a GruBee gearbox on the same bike.

I looked at your engine mount and had read a thread about the studs in the engine case vibrating and stripping out the threads. You might want to search the subject? Changing to American bolts and studs plus the proper thread lock seem to be in order.

I intend to change out all the bolts and studs that came with my kit.

I have not gotten to the upper tube and the gas tank fit yet. I am still grinding the adjustable mount for the engine to fit the large lower tube. Nice thing about the frame is, if you ever want to go to a 4 stroke engine, it has the room for it.

I searched a lot of bike shops looking for a frame to fit the engine and mount which wasn't too big for me. Jim

Back