Break In Is it Absolutely Necessary to Break in my new Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's from ingesting dirt thru a no good filter or maybe the dweeb ran it without the filter

Y do New cars say drive slow and soft for the first 1000km but the engine has been put on a dyno and Rev d to 7000 rev for so long to replicate hi speed freeway conditions at the factory if it passed its in a car like my brother's 6 liter v8 Holden . I worked at a car rental company and got new cars with 2 or 4 km on the and drove it like I stole it and never had any problems we would red line them for an hour do burnouts I like to leave the car in 2 gear and sit on red line around the town lol

Y do New cars say drive slow and soft for the first 1000km but the engine has been put on a dyno and Rev d to 7000 rev for so long to replicate hi speed freeway conditions at the factory if it passed its in a car like my brother's 6 liter v8 Holden . I worked at a car rental company and got new cars with 2 or 4 km on the and drove it like I stole it and never had any problems we would red line them for an hour do burnouts I like to leave the car in 2 gear and sit on red line around the town lol
lawyers. if car companies told you to just go wfo for break in they'd be sued every time someone put it into a pole. a hard break in is the best option no matter what the engine is.

when the rings are new is when the engine needs to be run hard to cause the rings to wear down a bit to match the cylinder.
taking it easy is the opposite of what needs to be done to break in the engine.
also their advice of increasing the amount of engine oil is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back