Huge Problem with front Engine mount...

I see that aluminum brazing rod at car swap meets all the time, maybe theres one near where you live that might have a vendor there selling the stuff.

Looking at the damage, it looks like there might be enough metal left to drill a bolt hole directly trough the sides of the mount. I would clean up and flatten the sides with an angle grinder and drill straight through from right to left side. Then you could bolt a bracket of some type to secure the sides of the mount and to the frame. I'd do as thin a hole as possible, rather have the bolts break off than more of the mount. Might need to relocate the magneto wires to new hole to get the job done.

That'll work

I've been lurking in the shadows, finding threads like these very interesting. First of all, it's obvious that the quality of the castings is low. If i have to make a guess i would think that the castings might be from LM6 (low grade cast aluminium). It also seems that impurities got trapped in the casings during the casting process. Secondly the design of integrating the mounting studs into the casings and the angles the forces works onto the mounting points does not help either. A helicoil conversion might prove detrimental because the aluminium "mother" material is very soft. An improvement of the helicoil would be a "Keen-sert". A Keen-sert is a sleeve with thread on the inside as well as the outside. For example on the engine stud (m6) one would go for the insert with an M6 ID and a M10 OD it will definitely work on the rear mount, locking it in place with a high strength threadlock (Locktite). On the front there is not enough "meat" to begin with......
I recently bought myself a kit, these kits are very crudely manufactured. I'm still pondering if it's worthwhile machining the casings back at the mating surfaces to facilitate a blade type mount sandwiched between the two main casings......

I'm currently looking into the feasibilty of machining up casing and then use all the nice "innards" one can source from pitbike engines.....

My apologies for derailing this thread a bit,
Cheers

Back