Has anyone bought this friction drive kit????

My round trip ride is half of yours. I only ride 5 miles each way. Been doing this now for about 2 years (during late spring thru mid-fall) and haven't had any major problems yet. (knock on wood)
What kind of motor and kit are you running on yours????
John

wbuttry,
I had converted a BMP kit to VBelt drive & have a few threads about the conversion setup.
Works real well as a belt drive with a bit more top speed but a bit less acceleration off the line. I since converted it back to friction drive & like its simplicity. Using meaty beach cruiser tires & filed the points off the friction roller, the friction drive isnt eating my tire as I thought it could. If riding in wet conditions, dont go friction, definitely go vbelt...
-Lowracer-

i think since im gonna use it for going and coming from work 25 miles each way the v belt sounds like the way to go i dont go back till fall full time rite now it is hit and miss im a inspector for the missouri dept of agriculture so i work all winter and off all summer and most of spring so im able to do trips on them i just need reliabilty above all speed is ok i dont wanna get some where and half to worry about blowing a motor or something screwing up majorly you know what i mean i went over my bike real good and done preventive maintence on all of it so it is ready for what ever i can throw at it i got a 2 stroke 49 cc motor rite now maybe after a couple weeks back at work i can get me a good 4 stroke motor 25 mph is fine with me as long as reliabilty is there.......

Back