Full blown race build with a 212 4 stroke stroker motor that was on a racing go kart running on alcohol. So much compression I cant even pull start it

Did you change the timing of the spark and valve timing for alcohol?

Because alcohol has different timing to benzine/gasoline...

I remeber running alcohol in my car, had to use bigger carbie jets, change the mixture setting fpr the high speed and low speed settings and change the spark timing.

If the compression is to high for the valve springs you will get blow back and pre-ignition in the intake and exhaust manifolds. This usually results in overheating. And wasted heat is no good.

Sorry to go on. But yeah- timing changes for alcohol engines anyone?

My only experience with alcohol was cheating through an emissions test. I poured a couple gallons of iso alcohol in the almost empty tank of an old VW van, retarded the timing and passed the test.
The testing station guy couldn't believe the numbers but gave me the pass.

My only experience with alcohol was cheating through an emissions test. I poured a couple gallons of iso alcohol in the almost empty tank of an old VW van, retarded the timing and passed the test.
The testing station guy couldn't believe the numbers but gave me the pass.
Thats what i remember, retard the timing (somehow) and then set the mixtures. Watched a video on youtube for the 80cc bicycle motor engine where the Youtuber shaved 2mm from the woodroof key on the magneto, and then retarded onto the freeplay by 1/2 of the freeplay and then set the locking bolt onto the driveshaft.

It seemed to make some difference.

I’ll get pictures of the manual clutch for you guys shortly. I’m just showing off my up coming bike build. I’m not asking any questions. This bike has so much compression that it requires a go kart starter box.
Man my stock 212 scares me going 40. I stretched a Schwinn from target so I reinforced my frame by welding a two more pieces of tubing "clam shelled" over the tubing I stretched.

Attachments

• IMG_20230831_185512301.jpg
    IMG_20230831_185512301.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 70
Back