Failure of Happy Time style 2-stroke Big End Connecting Rod Bearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
As i've previously stated: originally the bearings were falling to pieces, leading me to believe they were of low quality (and they probably were) but the main reason for the bearing failures was incorrect ignition timing and incorrect carburetor jetting, causing detonation induced failure - the mechanical side of things have improved since the time i wrote that piece, being 2009.

My current engine has over 8,000 kilometers of trouble free motoring.

Ahhh, yes, but your full throttle won't get you anywhere that my full throttle takes me, and certainly not with 100lbs of trailer hanging off the back of your bike up a 20 0r 30% gradient.

As i've previously stated: originally the bearings were falling to pieces, leading me to believe they were of low quality (and they probably were) but the main reason for the bearing failures was incorrect ignition timing and incorrect carburetor jetting, causing detonation induced failure - the mechanical side of things have improved since the time i wrote that piece, being 2009.

My current engine has over 8,000 kilometers of trouble free motoring.

Ahhh, yes, but your full throttle won't get you anywhere that my full throttle takes me, and certainly not with 100lbs of trailer hanging off the back of your bike up a 20 0r 30% gradient.
My throttle takes me every where i need to go and more. No my kit will not go through mud. I have a yamaha big bear 400 for that and a honda 250cr for going off road. My toys will blow yours away. I would hope so atleast. That would not be funny. Hear comes fabian around turn 3..oh he's passed warren he's crossed the finish line 1st place. Warrens stormed off in dis belief that a motorized bike with 12 wheels just beat him!!!

he, he, he

2stroker, i never get my trailer train wheels dirty, because i tuck them into their own little beds at night, to stop them getting a chill.

When wishing to be naughty and getting overly dirty, i'll hitch up the BoB IBEX for adult recreational activities!

he, he, he

2stroker, i never get my trailer train wheels dirty, because i tuck them into their own little beds at night, to stop them getting a chill.

When wishing to be naughty and getting overly dirty, i'll hitch up the BoB IBEX for adult recreational activities!
That sounds more like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back