Cost of Robin Subaru EH035

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if darwin will read my reply to his reply (as his reply was a while ago), but I'm just curious as to his experiment with the Tanaka 40cc. I currently have a 35cc soobie on my Staton-inc axle-mounted kit, and I don't have satisfying top speed or enough hill-climbing torque (I use an 11 tooth sprocket on the gearbox = 24 mph tops on level ground). I weight 250, I sometimes carry 30 lbs of gear and/or groceries, and there are a lot of long, steep hills in my area, so would a Tanaka 40cc 2-stroke be more practical and appropriate for my situation? Would it provide more torque, more top speed, or both?

If a 35cc isn't enough power then I would step up to a 50cc to get more ooomph. Alot depends on how your setup is geared also. My experience with the tanaka 40cc is 1 ride then I sold it. Thing sounded like a buzzsaw going down the road and was way too loud for me. Check into the HS/142 or a honda gx50 or a titan. Remember the tanaka is 39cc vs the soobies 35cc, only 4cc difference. Good luck and choose wisely because you can never get the full price back once a motor is used when it can be bought new for a certain price.

Remember the tanaka is 39cc vs the soobies 35cc, only 4cc difference.

Its more than that, the R/S is 33.5 cc not 35cc

if you need more power than a Honda GX35 buy a real motorcycle and stop playing with kids toys.

This old Bob partially agrees with the first. I think my 650 Dakar qualifies as "real", but I don't think my GX35 powered MB is just a "kids toy". Half of my miles are on it. It amazes me how many folks need that Escalade to go buy a quart of milk, and then wonder why they need a box full of lifestyle meds (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) to function. The little bit of pedal assist required with most MB's could go a long way to clearing up quite a few clogged up brains and circulatory systems.

I think you missed the point.I have a garage full of motorcycles. Some of them in half the amount of time a MB takes to hit 25 mph are passing 150mph, trust me anything else is a toy.

Your motorcycles are definitively toys, just much, much, more expensive. The ture adults in the crowd keep a realistic perspective and don't need the pecker meds to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back