riding for the first time and my motor is locked up

erickster

Local time
3:23 PM
I was riding my 70 cc bike, and as I rode, my chain popped off the sprocket. I thought it was a little weird, but I thought, well-- somehow it came loose and popped off. I re-attached it to the sprocket, and tightened it again. I tried to roll my bike, and the back tire was locked up. So I thought, "maybe I left the clutch up", nope. I don't know what happened. Clutch down, or up, it's just locked. Any ideas??? I haven't ridden my bike for more than 30 yards yet.. ha. :(

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the back wheel was locked-up.....what about the engine...does that move freely?
Please explain in more detail(pics if possible) about what's happening.

BTW...u said "30 yards yet"....so it's a brand new build?

Take the sprocket cover off and check the chain. The chain can jam up inside the cover.

that was my first impression as well, but because im a newbie, i didnt want to start taking things apart before i asked. That was the problem though--- thanks!!!

that was my first impression as well, but because im a newbie, i didnt want to start taking things apart before i asked. That was the problem though--- thanks!!!
Since that was the problem(chain jammed up inside the cover) try letting the clutch out quickly NOT dropping it.

Back