HYDROGEN MOTORBIKE (Next level?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

graucho

Local time
6:10 AM
Is it too soon in the dawn of motorbiking to take it to the next level?

I am not a rocket scientist. Only a motivated, curious guy. Well, for the last 3 1/2 years I have been intensely working on an "on board hydrogen fuel cell" that will run on H2O and a pinch of potassium hydroxide. (NO GAS) I've perfected it to run my Honda GXH50 49.3cc 2.10 hp engine. When running, there is zero emissions. The exhaust is cleaner than the air we breath. My hydrogen fuel cell is constructed through a process of electrolysis. This theory/process is nothing new. Its been around for a hundred years.

My dream for years has been to perfect a fuel cell that could power a single cylinder 49cc without carrying a fuel tank, but only a small water fuel cell, a lawnmower battery, that starts producing "hydrogen on demand" and install it on my bike/car. I cannot get into the exact details of my design, but I will give you a few links to stimulate your minds on what I am doing, and what we all could be doing. Im guessing i'm still a good 2years away from from incorporating this into a bike design. It took me 3 1/2 years to build a small-safe fuel cell that could fuel a 49cc engine on water. (making hydrogen vapor gas). These techniques can revolutionize the future of the auto and motorbiking world. I guess i'm looking for a "thread" of ideas after you watch the videos. Take a peek into my part time world. graucho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi5suphdVco&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMj14tPiIww&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofsxZfu9rW0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCI4WuCpZPE

Last edited:
I've been reading about using electrolysis to provide hydrogen on demand to augment the fuel in a car. It's an interesting concept. I won't pretend to understand the circuits behind the process, but it seems theoretically doable.

That's so rocket scientist it has to work!

Do you have a tower at your house with a chain hoist and an open roof to allow lightning?
:D

So whats your current bottleneck? Just size or are you not able to pull enough amps for a long enough time from the battery to produce enough hydrogen? Or maybe rate of production is a problem?
Cool stuff anyway, neat to hear you got an ICE to run off hydrogen without major modification.

Wow. I just watched all the video's. Even if you can just make the Hydrogen at home and bottle it up for your bike engine,that's still an epic win.
I wonder if that should work for a 2 stroke (Happy Time).
Hydrogen being a gas I see why we would need pressure valves but in Caterpillar diesel engines and Detroit 2 strokes with blowers like what they have in a lot of buses their fuel injection pumps with their helixes on the injectors so sensitive touching them with your finger can throw them off,they are pretty air tight enough I would think to run the hydrogen right to it.
This is pretty amazing stuff.
I'd like to see how our oil barons would counteract. Currently they are okay with this as long as were buying their hydrogen. They are okay with hybrids as long as we are still buying their fuel.
Will they be okay when they discover we are making our own hydrogen?
I see illegal signs,mock explosions and terrorists accusations ahead in this game.

Um...guys- it takes massive amounts of electricity to make hydrogen from water.

Where does that power come from? If not from fossil fueled electric plants, where? How would water be hydrolized while riding? There has to be an energy source. You could not make enough power from the hydrogen to drive the bicycle and make electricity through a generator to make the hydrogen. Shades of perpetual motion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Where does that power come from? If not from fossil fueled electric plants, where? How would water be hydrolized while riding? There has to be an energy source. You could not make enough power from the hydrogen to drive the bicycle and make electricity through a generator to make the hydrogen. Shades of perpetual motion.

Hee Hee happy to say yes, you can. Small 12v deep cycle battery powers my onboard fuel cell for 3 hrs @ 8 amps producing 2.5 liter of hydro per minute. Watch the first video. I wait til I get 4 lbs. of pressure and start her up. Running my 35cc robin 4 stroke idling up and down for 1 hr 47 min of almost free fuel. I have the pay for a little electricity to trickle charge my battery 16hr overnight. Figure out a onboard charging system and they will never stop.

Last edited:

he's using a chemical catalyst to help things along. I'm a bit skeptical as well but i'd love to see it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back