Front Engine mounts

KanesKustoms

Local time
1:18 AM
Aloha All

Ive just started building my bike with the 70cc kit.
I am using a 1946 roadmaster frame CWC straight bar. I had to mount the engine a bit high because of the frame configuration and now I need to fab a motor mount for the front. Any of you guys out there can send me some photos of some custom mounts, I need some Ideas. I think the engine mounted up higher will make the bike handle better.
Any important info will be welcome

Chris@
KanesKustoms

hi chris...it seems like you'll fit right in...what say you go "introduce yourself" to the rest of the group? it's about the only place at MBc that the different subgenres really meet up, & one of the reasons it's forum policy :)

and, before you ask peeps to send you pics, search for them here...there's a year's worth of custom mounts to look at.

front motor mount

Chris,hope this helps some.louis

Attachments

• DSCN0246.JPG
    DSCN0246.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCN0248.JPG
    DSCN0248.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 755
Very Nice and Clean But! I dont want to do any welding on my frame.
But this can be set up as a bolt on as well. Do you build your frames?

I got some ideas from here, but not from this store, went to a local automotive store and asked if I could look through their catalogue.
http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Products.htm?gclid=CJWBycz0uZECFQ8nawodbgvvDA

The type I am using for my build is similar to this, without the metals, just plain rubber cylinder type thing so the mounting bolt goes through.
I'll use 2 of these, one on either side of the tubing.
You'll get get idea if you look at some of the pics.

http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Store.asp?Page=Products2.htm
METRIC
Base Mounts
Flange Type (Female)

Thanks boltsmissing! I was thinking about looking at auto motor mounts but your idea is fantastic. I look forward to seeing how things go for you. I would bet that this would even quiet things down as well.
Thanks for another great idea! Gotta love this site!

Aloha All

Ive just started building my bike with the 70cc kit.
I am using a 1946 roadmaster frame CWC straight bar. I had to mount the engine a bit high because of the frame configuration and now I need to fab a motor mount for the front. Any of you guys out there can send me some photos of some custom mounts, I need some Ideas. I think the engine mounted up higher will make the bike handle better.
Any important info will be welcome

Chris@
KanesKustoms

Chris,

A member of this group in the not to distant past had the same problem as you outline and solved it by making a pair of aluminum mount extensions. He posted several good photos and as I remember them they were the nicest solution to this problem I've seen. I've just spent some time using the search to try and locate the thread showing them and haven't been able to find it. Perhaps someone else will read this and have better luck.

I found the thread, http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=7923

scully

Last edited:
Thanks Bolts
I was Thinking of a rubber or suspention type mount. Im not sure how the engine will handle the vibration, I mean lets be honest here these engines are made in China right?
I came up with a leaf spring type mount. I will get some photos up of this build. and let you guys see.

Thanks Scully I Tried to make that mount by casting it it did not look too hot.
Im off on this leaf spring Idea. If this one does not work out i will go back and do the machining and make the one Bean made. Thanks for your help

Chris

Back