Wanna-Be New Rider in Mississippi...

G

grndslm

Hey guys... just posting here because it's "required" of all new members. I don't like being forced to do something, but oh well...

I've always wanted a moped, or motored bicycle, for as long as I can remember. I forgot about it until my license is about a month away from being suspended, and my friend just so happened to order a GoPed Riot which got me on the 50cc engine or less law.

Anyway... there is much to be learned, so onto posting other new threads!!

Yes, posting an intro to tell us something about yourself is “required”. IF you would have read the email you received after doing the, “I accept the terms and conditions” of joining the forum you would have known this, and at that time you could have opted not to join.
Upon meeting someone for the first time, I offer my open hand for a shake and let the person know my name. Just one of the social skills learned as a child, along with, Thank You, and Your Welcome.

On the bright side, WE will not “force” you to use premix for fuel if you choose a 2 stroke motor. WE will not “force” you to have sufficient braking power to stop your bike either!

Please do your searches and reply to threads that apply to your questions when possible before starting a new thread. (LOL, I said “please” and nobody “forced” me to do it)

Lots of great info here, read, read, read, and go thru the Picture Gallery there are really great looking bikes there and they just might be what you are wanting to see in your own driveway.

Welcome to MBc, and good luck with your search.

Papa

Clubhouse-for socializing and basic gabbing about MotoredBikes
Once you've activated your new account, you'll receive a Private Message from the Admin. Read it to learn about Forum-Ops, including how to get acquainted with the Group and why our "Search Before Posting" policy is important.

Introduce Yourself
New Members MUST POST HERE FIRST, so everyone can meet you. Tell us where you're at and what you ride. If you're new to MotoredBiking, or to Forums, this is a great place to let us know that, too.

then...
you said:
I don't like being forced to do something...so onto posting other new threads!!
noone forced you do anything. the welcome-PM explains everything, including why we need you to search 1st. we keep MBc entirely viewable to the "guest" (with full search-permissions) so folks can build their MB without joining if they don't want to. feedback tells us searching works, & sometimes a person will join just to tell us they appreciate the work we all put into keeping things organized and usable.

papa' said:
do your searches and reply to threads that apply to your questions when possible before starting a new thread
good advice, which i edited to reflect my reaction to your intro, "introduce yourself" is also a good way to let staff know we're all on the same page...are we?

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

welcome.

(ps-i know...here we go again, eh? this is where everyone tells me i'm too tough on the new arrival. but what about the other 6 new sign-ups that got it right? they came in the front door and shook hands, and deserve a hearty welcome, & it's also very likely they will be doing their best to pitch in around here...so how about y'all concentrate on the positive, and let staff do it's job)

Welcome to MBc.
Just to be clear. If you don't want to introduce yourself, that's cool. Just don't expect me to expend Any effort to help you. If, on the other hand, you want to be friends (on even the most superficial level), I will be among many people here who will be willing to take the time to be of help if needed.

G'day man and welcome to MBc.
Oooohh.. That accent is dreamy!! =^D

Sorry for over-reacting in the other thread, fetor. Due to the nature of forums, things aren't organized very well, especially a motored biike forum. It's upsetting because I can't even find out where to buy a Happy Time engine/kit from, and I've searched all over this forum and Google, so ya know what... I had to ask someone. If he tells me to keep reading, tho... I'm gonna have to karate kick his arse.

It would just seem more appropriate to simply point newbs in the direction of the gallery forum here than to tell them to keep reading, or heck you could actually answer their questions.

For real, tho... I'm done with this now.

Back