Whizzer Stretch ---- ed

Z

Zomby Builder

This is a 99 WC-1

whizz.jpg

I am chopping a perfectly good bike to make (I hope a better faster one)
It will be 8 inches longer than a stock Whizzer.

For starters I have a Quenton built super NE modified head with all the bells & whistles. (mushroom lifters, early high lift cam, 26 mm carb, ported polished with tapered intake)

IMG_1066.jpg

Next the bike was cut in half, just behind the seatpost. I fabbed this extension from another donar Whizz & some common go cart parts. The second set of droppouts were added to support the torsion bars that keep the NuVinci Planetary hub from turning.

IMG_1094.jpg

Here is the frame with the NuVinci in place. Dave Staton
www.staton-inc.com was really a big help to me in setting this up correctly. I have done this before so I wanted to make this one bullet Proof.

IMG_1097.jpg IMG_1096.jpg

I wanted to switch the front end to a Monarch, but ran into trouble because it is too narrow to mount a wheel with a disk brake. I went back to the stock front forks, and the stock front drum brake.

IMG_1095.jpg

I have a couple more welds to complete the raw frame, (fender support for the rear) I am waiting for a new sprocket to arrive so I get the wheel position exact before I set the bracket. Then some more grinding to make the welds prettier, then off to powder coat.

Stay tuned...

I'm staying tuned....I want to watch this one come together.:cool:

That sure is a beefy looking rear wheel!!

goin to be pretty cool when she's all done
another in the evolution of zombies !!! :D

too bad about the monarch...they are sweet looking forks :(

wanna sell the monarch forks? heheheh... That's a sweet build you've got going on, I totally dig this...

the monarchs are cool, i have them on my bike

Attachments

• DSC_0002 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0002 (Medium).JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 953
Monarchs

That is a cool looking bike.. Did you have to spread the forks apart to fit that drum? Mine were way too narrow, even for a drum. I even tried to flip the brackets to the outside. No working so I'll stay with stock forks. The turn stops on the stock are nice & I want to do a triple light bar like the 1938 HD EL.

Hi Zomby Builder On the monarch springer .you can flip the lower plates,also mount your front brake drum lock plate between axle point and rear lower fork mount Its the correct alignment,get harden steel washers (total of 8 )to replace incorrect ones on bottom bolts.use american size and file the center to fit.use molygrease on both sides of washers ,set for light drag aprox 20 inches of drag ,use 242 blue on lock nuts .If your locking drum plate over rear left bolt change that nut to thin jam nut with red locktite. these are all proven things.great looking bike .....Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer and Monarch Dealer

let's not distract from zomby's project...which looks very promising...any grown man i think will agree the average bicycle frame could use a lil more length...

lobster, nice mb...if you wouldn't mind, give us a link/review in the "parts" area about the tires?

Back