Hi I just joined this forum looks great.

S

STUARTBRANDT

Hi I just joined this forum looks great.
I wish I had heard about this forum sooner, whatever happend to moped2.org.
I have invented a couple of bike motor systems, one was a friction drive two cycle,
the other is a four cycle motorized trailer type concept here is a video of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfEY2YzHJxo

Stuart Brandt:D

the other is a four cycle motorized trailer type concept here is a video of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pfEY2YzHJxo
At first I thought the kid was riding that; said to myself, "...that kid is a good rider..." but then I saw it was dad on the thing and that the thing was a full-sized 26"-wheeled cruiser.

Then I became impressed with the kid's videography talent and almost-perfect narration... :D :thumbup:

That's a clever rig. I'd like to see a close-up of the articulation of the hitch.

Merry Christmas! and Happy Holidays.

:)~

Welcome Stuart Brandt

Stuart, I thought you'd like it here.
Do you think we can get a powered trailer forum started? Who says frame mount or rack mount are the only ways to go? We know better. We have a wider choice of engine sizes, we don't even have to dedicate a particular bike to be powered, we don't stress out the bicycle components beyond their design limits, and we get the noise, exhaust, vibration, heat, gas & oil far behind us. I think it's the quickest & easiest way to motorize a bike. I built mine from bedframe material, electrical conduit and $40 worth of items from my garage sale gleanings. I bolted it together in one evening, no welding required. In my opinion, if you prefer substance over image, you have to recognize a powered trailer as the ideal way to motorize a bicycle. Any arguments?

i think "pusher" tech is a great idea, imo. y'all give me enuff content to justify a new forum & it's a done deal...meantime, how about we use "wild in the streets" ? please, please, please post a "project topic" about your infernal-contraption..let's talk about snow, surf, sand, etc too :D

dennis: we really appreciate the referral :)

stuart: welcome to the MBc :cool:

Stuart, I thought you'd like it here.
Do you think we can get a powered trailer forum started? Who says frame mount or rack mount are the only ways to go? We know better. We have a wider choice of engine sizes, we don't even have to dedicate a particular bike to be powered, we don't stress out the bicycle components beyond their design limits, and we get the noise, exhaust, vibration, heat, gas & oil far behind us. I think it's the quickest & easiest way to motorize a bike. I built mine from bedframe material, electrical conduit and $40 worth of items from my garage sale gleanings. I bolted it together in one evening, no welding required. In my opinion, if you prefer substance over image, you have to recognize a powered trailer as the ideal way to motorize a bicycle. Any arguments?

No argement here. Built an e pusher setup like that. Works well, and I can haul stuff besides. Super easy to do, and I kept the disc brakes on the bike. Just don't try to ride it on ice. :oops:

Denny

Who says frame mount or rack mount are the only ways to go?
Nobody.

We know better.
No you don't. You just know "different".

we get the noise, exhaust, vibration, heat, gas & oil far behind us.
Now tell me, sir, where's the fun in THAT? Hahaha...

I built mine from bedframe material, electrical conduit and $40 worth of items from my garage sale gleanings. I bolted it together in one evening, no welding required.
And it probably looks like it, too.

In my opinion, if you prefer substance over image...
I prefer my machinery not to like like arse. I consider bicyles, motorized or not, to be somewhat of an art form... and I choose not to debase that artform with the style of engineering and materials choice (although that's certainly thrifty) that you have just described.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

:)~

Last edited by a moderator:
Back