Honda GXH50 throttle solutions

T

tfhudson

I'm wondering what different solutions to throttle linkage people have found for the Honda GXH50. This seems to be the last big hurdle before my new ride is up and running.

Close up pictures would be really helpful!

Hello, I ran into same problem. I will try to get some pics uploaded tomorrow. In the mean time I will try to explain, however a picture is worth a thousand words. Anyway, I used piece of somewhat thin but sturdy piece of steel about 3 1/2 inches long X 7/16 in. wide. clamped in vise & twisted in center 90 deg. then hole in either end as close as posible. hole in one end for throttle cable & other to bolt on at right rear bolt of engine valve cover. hole for throttle cable, I used cable mount from any brake assy. perm. mount & will hold throttle cable in place on engine. Then loop throttle cable itself around black throttle hole & set to proper length & used cable clamp (crimp type) can pick up at hardware store. Then hook throttle return spring from other hole in black throttle linkage in carb & route to left rear valve cover bolt to secure. Hopefully you can make some sense of this until I can post a pic. Hope this will help, this procedure works well for me. Let me know if you need anything else, Dan

throttle linkage for honda gx 50

call stanton inc. Ask for Dave, he will sell you the parts for the throttle hookup. under $5.00 dollars if I remember right.

Mike

number?

Would it be possible to get the number for dave stanton? I tried looking him up but couldn't find him. I need a throttle assembly from him for a gxh50.

thanks
kyle

Does the supplied spring on the Honda provide enough return pressure to have a length of cable and brake handle return to idle? I'm wondering what else I need to buy beside the correct throttle cable and a good brake lever.

I really like the sinz lever. You can get it to match everything and also have a red handle (symbolizes fast)

http://www.sinz-racing.com/breaking_home.html

confused about the throttle arm

I am in the process of hooking up the throttle to my honda but I cant figure out how to connect to the throttle? Ive searched all over the forums looking for a detailed pic or description of how others have created a point of rotation on the throttle arm.

Ive attached some photos of what Im working with:

1-the throttle cable connecting to what I hope can be my throttle arm extension. The cable is sitting in a threaded spacer I drilled through, and is clamped by the two bolts, on top and bottom.

2-the original throttle/butterfly arm (which doesnt have an easy way to connect the extension piece on top of the actual point of rotation or at all)

3-the general idea i am hoping to achieve

Can anyone advise me on how to properly set up this part of the throttle connection? I think ideally I would have the arm extension directly centered over the point of rotation but based on how it was originally set up Im not sure I can do that. I have already disassembled the governor.

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,238
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,496
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,407
I also called staton inc. They directed me to a small kit (15.95) to help connect the throttle. Honestly it looked like it wasnt much better than what came in the engine kit from bicycle-engines.com. Didnt see enough there (photos/descriptions of the product and customer service help) to make me decide to invest in it.

Thanks oscully, that thread is very helpful. I contacted b-e.com bc their photos of replacement 4 stroke carbs and even their photos of their 4 stroke kits clearly show a carb with small pieces of hardware that allow a proper throttle connection http://www.bicycle-engines.com/popup_image.php?pID=172&type=jpg . So I called them and their guy Jeremey was really helpful and offered to send me some of pieces of hardware that might make this easier. In the meantime Im going to try to replicate what fetor did here http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20743&d=1251768537 .

Back