new Dax Titan 4-stroke

earth mehanic, I have Honda gxh50 on my wifes mountain bike. Its mounted in frame with skyhawk CNC II kit. I used 3 piece crank from Dennis Foster. dlfoster@neok.com I got Kit from bicycle-engines.com What a screamer. It has a 56 tooth sprocket & I reached speeds of 44 mph! I also checked speed with GPS to make sure. Its about 8 mph faster than my heushang with exact set up. however it better be for the extra cost. The heushang is a clone of Honda, but just a bit difference in compression, etc. when comparing specs. I have about 850 miles on Honda with Skyhawk trans & has been trouble free. If you have a Honda gxh, You'll love this kit!!!! I know my wife does as She passes everybody out with a smile.

??what is the advantage of the 3 piece crank(from Dennis Foster) that is mentioned above?

likemyspoiler, do you have pics of your setup? I have had my eye on that Honda GX50 for a while now, and your post is really making me anxious to get one. Also, more information and pics about that crank you mentioned would be great. Thanks for the info.

earth mehanic, I have Honda gxh50 on my wifes mountain bike. Its mounted in frame with skyhawk CNC II kit. I used 3 piece crank from Dennis Foster. dlfoster@neok.com I got Kit from bicycle-engines.com What a screamer. It has a 56 tooth sprocket & I reached speeds of 44 mph! I also checked speed with GPS to make sure. Its about 8 mph faster than my heushang with exact set up. however it better be for the extra cost. The heushang is a clone of Honda, but just a bit difference in compression, etc. when comparing specs. I have about 850 miles on Honda with Skyhawk trans & has been trouble free. If you have a Honda gxh, You'll love this kit!!!! I know my wife does as She passes everybody out with a smile.

I have the same kit and I can confirm 40 mph+ with the 56t sprocket. I have a 48t, but why? I got up to 40 and ran out of street...and nerve before I ran out of top end.

Just curious but with that gearing and speed any idea what RPM's the engine is pulling?
Thanks
Andrew

??what is the advantage of the 3 piece crank(from Dennis Foster) that is mentioned above?

Just wanted to add a note on the 3 piece vs. the 1 piece wide cranks. Most kits now come with one or the other when you buy a 4 stroke kit or a 2 stroke with a centrifugal clutch. The issue that arises is the fact that the 2 types of cranks are not compatible. A bike with a 3 piece crank has a smaller crank housing (the spot where the bearings go) than a bike with the 1 piece crank. Since the housing is part of the frame, the larger one piece crank will not fit into the smaller 3 piece crank housing. However, you can use a 3 piece crank on a bike that is made for a 1 piece crank if you use a reducer. The reducer allows the smaller 3 piece cranks to fit into the larger 1 piece housing. So, you can go from a bike with a 1 piece crank frame to a 3 piece crank (with the reducer), but you can't go from a bike with a 3 piece crank frame to a 1 piece crank. I hope that makes sense.

Just curious but with that gearing and speed any idea what RPM's the engine is pulling?
Thanks
Andrew

If my math is right- a 26 inch wheel, 56 tooth sprocket- 11 tooth at the gearbox and 1.83:1 reduction from the gearbox- I am turning a little over 4800 rpm at 40 mph- well under the engine's max rpm of 7800 (no load).

Wow....I had no idea that engine could go so fast....It may convert me! ;-)
Andrew

When I said ran out of street- I was coming pretty close to topping out at that speed, but there was maybe a little bit left...but having run the numbers, I'm no so concerned about the fact I removed the governor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back