12v lighting & safety system project-an MBc Community Effort

not a genius, just trying to make it work!!! but thanks anyway. l just hope more people catch on to this

I was thinking how about one of them small one wire alternators you find under the hood of a car? Then connect it to a battery...yea. Too huge.

Simple 12 volt charging system

Thanks to azvinnie for the info sharing.
So I put together a wiring schematic for those of us who are new to this sort of thing. Hope it helps.

Sorry Augi, I was just so interested in this charging system I had to create the schematic.

Attachments

• 12v_charging_system.JPG
    12v_charging_system.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 379
Last edited by a moderator:
abeagle: nice wiring diagram, you did a nice job on that, really looks good. l didn't get a chance to ride today, and l just got home with 4 more generators 2-big like l have on my bike and 2-small one's. the small ones are for cruser's. l will take pics after dinner. l will try and get more motors if anyone is interested.

this is a pic of the different motors that l have. the little black one's are 24v and the bigger ones are 12 volt. l picked up the little ones cause they will fit on a regular bike, and the big ones fit a schwinn stingray. augi let me know which one you want.

Attachments

• 4 motors.jpg
    4 motors.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 375
vinnie, i want one like you used...the silver one on the right would be great...thanks :)

Abeagle...don't apologise for kickin' in, thank you, too :) :)

This is GREAT! I can see this adaptation really getting some mileage on our bikes! (pun intended) Thanks for what is a brilliant (yup, nother pun) idea.

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
kronic will jump in here for me, as my kids need some attention. kronic has found the spec to the little black motors and unfortunatley is the last one l have. l will be able to get some more next week. as l was saying kronic, will answer some, if not all your questions.

Back