Morini FM-128

J

JHarkins

2429_Morini_FM128_by_Herndan_003_1.jpg

Here is one of the photos sent to me by the folks at Herndan of the bike they use around town. I'll post the rest later when I learn how to do this better and also some of my own.

http://www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori04_01.asp

That is so nice. Just the ticket for a lady's bicycle.
No more than a 1/2 gal tank that can be drained easily to keep the fuel fresh.

It is on the want list. I would expect no woman to want to do 30+mph on a bicycle. No chain, wet clutch, gears running in lube oil. Shoot! Nothing to do but ride it with a clean air filter.
I would install a support bracket on that long pull start tube, wouldn't want that to bend or break.
I think it has lighting power at 3.5watts@6V.

The name is Herdan...you gotta n in there JHarkins. :D

The engine is wired to provide lights, the instructions are in the manual.
2429_Bicycle_Regulator_Schematic_1.jpg

Also a schematic for a 3 watt regualtor circuit is available at 'nscl.msu.edu/~daniel/sreg.htm'. This will allow the magneto to charge batteries and automaticaly change over to power the lights when you turn them on. It was designed for use with a dynamo hub.

Here are the rest of the Herdan photos. I'm finaly learning how to do this stuff.
2429_Morini_FM128_by_Herndan_001_1.jpg

2429_Morini_FM128_by_Herndan_002_1.jpg

2429_Morini_FM128_by_Herndan_004_1.jpg

Thank you for the correction. "herdan.com" is the north american distributer for Morini Motori engines.

That's a cool looking motor wheel. I like it!! (& I"m NO Lady :LOL: )

At 1st read, I thought ol'pete was yanking you about a girls bike.....but after re-reading his post, I agree! I can't count the times my bikes have flung oil on my pants & shoes. Appears to be a clean set-up. (sorry Ol'Pete ;) )

JHarkins,
I moved this topic in here. We want pics of your bike in the gallery.
Can't wait to see what you build.....

srdavo,
Its clean and will push a 26" no faster than 20mph, from what I have read.
Bicycle speed limits, in-town, for the EU, are 20mph.
Plus Harden used a lady's step-through for their in-town rider.
Plus JHarkins' wife likes/wants the rig he built, so he may be in the market for another or something with more pep. :cool:

I too like it but at near $500 shipped for just the motor/hub assy it will take some thought.
Moto Morini does not make sub-standard engines. Some of their M/C offerings of the past were dated but lived long.

Morini is producing the KTM bike engines. One of their own offerings is rated at 11.3hp for a 50cc engine and another is a 65cc at 16.7hp. But that 65cc costs Just under a grand$. I'll be posting the photos of my bike in about a week, lets hope.

Ok, where did you hear about that 50cc monster? Will these be available in the USA? Just curious...

You will find the discription of these engines at http://www.morinimotori.com/eng/motori01.asp They also produce the 900cc Benelli race engine and, from what I've read now own 'Moto Morini' which use to be a seperate company (family cousin). I believe all five of the engines on that page are offered by Herdan. The site page at Herdan is (not working)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back