Cushy for Tushy :: Bike Seat Discussion

T

Timcycle

What bicycle seats are recommended. I need a larger spring seat.

I was at Walmart and they sell one from BELL.
But I looked it up on the internet and the reviews were very bad.

What have you found to be an excellet cost effective seat,
larger and with spring/shocks?

I Google'd "bicycle seat-reviews" and got 1,300,000 hits. i found a Bell here: http://www.amazon.com/Bell-GelTech-Ultimate-Comfort-Bicycle/dp/B000667LV4 for 20bux, and is rated 4 out of 5 stars, from the 9 people that rated it.
I am using a similar Bell, and after a year of daily abuse the material is finally starting to shred. But the springs are intact, and my caboose doesnt go numb even after a 30+ mile cruise.
Happy :mrgreen:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
21_thanksgiving_027_3.jpg

Left to right- seat from Wal Mart Avalon, 10" Cloud Nine gel ($35) which is standard Sun Cruiser seat, (2) 12" gels with faux leather (preferred) or cloth.

My bike dealer will swap for the 12" upon installation for $10 extra.

I use a 12".

The shock absorber seat post ran me about $18.

Seats I've known

HI all I use the Velo Web-Spring in black or in flames, and the 3-wheel saddle that I have sold many of. Here is a pic of the size differential
318_Saddles_1.jpg

Now I use a better padded version of the largest saddle there on almost everything, as you will see here.
318_08_Muffler_1.jpg

The large one I sell for 35.00 and it is a steel deck, and the springs do work for me.

Mike

Thanks all

Thanks all.

I like those shock posts for the seat.

Do they really work very well?

so long as there's not too much angle to your seattube, yes they work very well. i've had the adjustable type that come stock on specialized brand & i was very impressed. maybe all are adjustable, dunno, but it sure did the trick.

I use a suspension seatpost on my mountain bike
2nd mtn bike I've built...swear by them, they help a lot in combo with a sprung seat
quite a while back, I recommended one to somebody, and he pm'ed me about how much nicer it was
unless you are a very heavy person, the 20$ ones will do you fine
the ones I've seen all had adjustability

I use a cloud Nine seat when I ride my bike on long distance rides and switch over to a schwinn road bike seat when I display my bike at car shows.
1707_IMG_0721_1.jpg

1707_IMG_0722_1.jpg

I got the bell seat which overall does a good job but after riding even 20 miles,you understand why mopeds have those humongus seats. It's simply not a bicycle anymore. One day I'll build a seat out of 2x4 and pad it up,extending to my bike rack.
What's cool about my bell seat though is when my bum get's numb,after a long ride I get pins and needles.....there.....and.....I like it. :D

Back