where do I buy gaskets?

L

lotsa_mpg

I'm having a devil of a time getting a new chinese 80 to run properly. After many hours of tinkering, I've finally got it kinda running so so....and probably after 100 miles of break in, it'll improve to a point that I'll be able to live with it. It has been suggested to me that I should do some work on cleaning up the ports and piston, but I don't want to pull the cylinder off unless I have a new base gasket handy....I really don't feel like making one. These gaskets must be available somewhere. I checked dax's store and found lots of nifty stuff, but no listing on individual gaskets or gasket sets. I was gonna email some of the chinese engine suppliers to see if they sell gaskets seperately, but I thought I'd first post a query in here to see where everyone else is getting them from?

Pete

Thanks a bunch for the help, guys. I'll order a couple complete sets tomorrow. I can't believe how cheap they are.

just so you know...i replaced my base gasket with a layer of permatex high-temp rtv...no problems at all.

Back