Velleman DIY tachometer

I like that. The tachs I see have analog dials and
I love that look, but just being able to see the RPMs for that price is worth it, I say

Order it, install it, and let us know how it turns out.

I've been considering getting a tach from these guys. They have a decent selection of digital tachs for 2- and 4-strokes.

that's another cool source...i've been considering a tach, too, but i think i'll have to wait for santa.

jol, check this, i'm not sure if it addresses your question or not:
41_wiring20pic_gmbh_nb_200x244_1.jpg

note the very familiar-looking boot.

augidog said:
that's another cool source...i've been considering a tach, too, but i think i'll have to wait for santa.

jol, check this, i'm not sure if it addresses your question or not:
41_wiring20pic_gmbh_nb_200x244_1.jpg

note the very familiar-looking boot.
Yeah that was just what I'm considering doing... could test it with a spare 52mm tach now when the beast runs :) or if the 6v will be enough from magneto coil...

What is the recommended RPM? I thought I read 1000, but can't remember. What would we consider redlining on these motors?

The hour meter should be a nice feature. Good way to set maintenace schedules. More accurate than milage. The engine wears even if it's sitting and idling.

I have a sen dec tach on my engine and the engine feels like it screaming at about 6K....I try nor pushing it that fast for very long.....
Andrew

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the specs on the SenDec, it will read up to 8,000 RPM for a 2-stroke, and up to 4,000 RPM for a 4-stroke. I'm thinking I'll want one to read up to 8,000 on a 4-stroke (not that I will necessarily need it).
Reading the specs at the Tiny Tach site, it appears that on some 4-strokes, the plug fires on every stroke (including the exhaust stroke). Can anyone shed some light on this? I'm wanting to install a tack on a Lifan.

Back