O-ring on carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trader

I've read where someone posted that he installed an O-ring between the intake manifold and the carb to help fix an idle problem.
He stated that he purchased the O-ring from Ace Hardware for a couple of cents. I went out and also purchased an O-ring hoping it would help my idle problem but I cannot get the carb to slide over the O-ring. How is this done?
Any suggestions. Thanks...........

Trade Wisely

I think you put the o-ring in the carb...then slide it on the manifold, to make a seal?

anybody? kronic?

o-ring

to save everyone some trouble finding the size, what i found is a
#4 Aerator Washer 23/32" O.D. X 31/64" I.D.

Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like....the install process? If you put a rubber washer in the carb to intake, won't it reduce the openeing, or does that not matter?

ibeenjammin said:
Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like....the install process? If you put a rubber washer in the carb to intake, won't it reduce the openeing, or does that not matter?
Feel w/your fingers..when its in, the opening is just barely affected.

Here's the carb stock (haha :LOL: FILTHY!)
oring001.jpg

here's the #4 Aerator Washer 23/32" O.D. X 31/64" I.D. Ace Hardware
oring002.jpg

heres the washer inside the carb
oring003.jpg

Here's you smiling if it works :mrgreen:

Nice photos!

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING INFO IS FOR THOSE WHOM CONSIDER THEMSELVES "EXPERTS" AND SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED BY THE NEWBIE/NOVICE
I used my belt sander to grind off the end of the carb so about a 1/4" less of those pesky slots were on it so when I slid the carb on, they were not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back