would this bike work? - motor mount - pics

S

sk8freak8989

would theis bike in the link work? the only reason i would think it would not is because of the bottom tube. it is really thick.

41_bikeframe_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a similar frame....very tight fit...needed to alter the intake & carb.
didn't do it. I like the frame style.

i agree with srdavo...nice frame but it looks like a tight and high fit, could be tough to fabricate a front mount that lets it sit right.

about that...my whole frame is 35mm & i thought i was gonna have problems. but, even tho the mounts don't seat all the way, the studs (very tightly) clear the tubing and the brackets fit on enough for the nuts. the brackets formed themselves to the bigger tubing & the engine-mounting is rock-solid.

41_mount_detail_1.jpg

augidog said:
about that...my whole frame is 35mm & i thought i was gonna have problems...

I used a small grinding wheel with my zip-saw (heavy duty Dremel) to widen the curve in the mounting blocks for a huge framed Jamis cruiser. (Wider, not any deeper) Fit better than OJ's gloves. I didn't get any pics from this build & the bike went to Florida. This bike was tall like Augi's.....I could reach the pedals but not the ground.

One way you can mount to different sized tubes is to make a steel plate drilled to fit the motor mount studs and another set of holes to fit a vibration damping u-bolt that fits the tube. I've done this on two bikes without any problems.

Here's a pic of an 80cc mounted that way.

41_217200951_1.jpg

Close up

41_217200949_1.jpg

Here's a couple of different kinds of cushioned u-bolts available in different sizes at McMaster-Carr

41_217202869_1.jpg

very nice set up, Tirebiter. really clean

here's a pic of Rusty's 1st front motor mount....

59_Rustys_1st_mount_1.jpg

I like Rusty's better than the one I used. 8) Two u-bolts is a lot sturdier than one.

Back