Carb connector ring broke

Ryno

Local time
4:55 AM
The rubber ring which connects my Carb to my Engine has deteriorated. It broke in half and I have no way to keep the carb on. I tried creating my own out of an old bike inner tube but it didn't work. What should I do?

what engine?

get a new one? from original seller?

erm um. rubberised flange fittings. never tried sourcing one but im thinking the phonebook maybe. to find a local business that sells such a thing... google is useless for stuff like that :) usually... i dont think you want 30000 from china... :giggle:

mower shop? somewhere like that...

Oh, sorry. It's a 48cc Grubee Skyhawk engine. Are you sure there's not anything that I could get at Ace hardware, Menards, or Fleet Farm?

Ryno...I can't picture your problem. A picture is worth 1,000 words, in this case much more. I have never seen a carburetor connected to the cylinder by a rubber ring.
I'm guessing...A rubber union for PVC pipe.

Is this not what your carburetor mounts to the cylinder...
Disregard the red arrow.
(a intake manifold made of aluminum?)

Last edited:
Alright maybe it's not rubber after all.

Anyway here is the broken piece. This was the only thing in between the metal on the carb.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-06-16 at 13.05.jpg
    Photo on 2011-06-16 at 13.05.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 271
dont know if it would work or not but maybe u could super glue it back together

I'm hoping to find a better solution, because it wasn't even that great of a piece in the first place.

Man! What is the deal with these nylon reducers? Mine is also trashed. I have maybe 30 miles worth of break-in time on my grubee Skyhawk 66. The way mine just disintegrated makes me think maybe nylon is the wrong material for this purpose. Do all engines have these reducers? or is it just the cns v2's ?

Man! What is the deal with these nylon reducers? Mine is also trashed. I have maybe 30 miles worth of break-in time on my grubee Skyhawk 66. The way mine just disintegrated makes me think maybe nylon is the wrong material for this purpose. Do all engines have these reducers? or is it just the cns v2's ?

Not all carburetors on HT's use reducers. Also if you buy from the site I'd get a few. Nylon is not the wrong material, its the **** we get from China. I don't know where the ones on the Ebay site comes from, but you can ask. I don't have a reducer on my HT 80cc as they advertise. I had one on a production motor scooter that had the reducer. The bike was made in China and wasn't worth a ****.

Back