My Long-Ride The Alaskan Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Augie...Good hearing from ya, Guy. I'm really sorry to hear that you are still stuck in the incessant NW Coast Rain...If I hadn't been there, myself, I wouldn't know what you were talking about. But, I have, and it ruined many, and many a day for me. Things will look up...really they will. Hang in there...

Patrick

Last edited:
correction to my statement about sedro-woolley: let's not forget the kind woman at the grocery store.

thanks to everyone for the emails...i hope you'll understand it's difficult to keep up on this tiny "keyboard"

thank you to staff for the great moderation.

well, i'm here as you know...mabman called last nite to update me on the boat: some welding delays has her still sitting in seattle, but home-port is bellingham and she will be berthing here at least long enuff for provisioning...expected departure for juneau is still june 10.

i had some phone time with 'van last evening too...trust there will be PLENTY of riding to write & read about once i'm there.

and don't forget denny...he slapped a robin-subaru/staton pusher together so we can ride...he's set me up with a place to stay while i'm in town. van is working on my boat-ride from there to haines...we are hoping denny will have some time to join us for a spell.

the "long-ride" to date involves about 475 miles with another 250 in side trips...if weather had been better i might have been able to get more touring in at my various stop-overs...oh well, maybe after alaska i'll re-do some of it. i had to stretch out this first "leg" of my journey on purpose and i know things got a bit boring, but i sure do appreciate the company y'all provided while i listened to the rain hammer the tent day after day.

i snagged a great weekly rate on a motel until the boat arrives...weather permitting (i CAN & DO ride in the foul-weather when i need to be somewhere, but i don't feel the need or desire to prove myself by pleasure-riding during downpours) i'll get to explore bellingham...if and when that occurs you may count on more narrative & pics...

again, THANK YOU to all my MB-friends who sat in the tent with me this last month...without y'all i swear i woulda stuck my head in an oven ;)

more soon :cool:

The week in the hotel will be nice to just chill and relax. Its better that the boat gets repaired BEFORE departing for Alaska rather than after/during.

Augie, when I go down south, I usually fly. But that's because of time constraints. The Inside Passage, to or from, Alaska is one of the most scenic cruises in the world. If the weather is good, you should be in for a real treat.
Van

correction to my statement about sedro-woolley: let's not forget the kind woman at the grocery store.

thanks to everyone for the emails...i hope you'll understand it's difficult to keep up on this tiny "keyboard"

thank you to staff for the great moderation.

well, i'm here as you know...mabman called last nite to update me on the boat: some welding delays has her still sitting in seattle, but home-port is bellingham and she will be berthing here at least long enuff for provisioning...expected departure for juneau is still june 10.

i had some phone time with 'van last evening too...trust there will be PLENTY of riding to write & read about once i'm there.

and don't forget denny...he slapped a robin-subaru/staton pusher together so we can ride...he's set me up with a place to stay while i'm in town. van is working on my boat-ride from there to haines...we are hoping denny will have some time to join us for a spell.

the "long-ride" to date involves about 475 miles with another 250 in side trips...if weather had been better i might have been able to get more touring in at my various stop-overs...oh well, maybe after alaska i'll re-do some of it. i had to stretch out this first "leg" of my journey on purpose and i know things got a bit boring, but i sure do appreciate the company y'all provided while i listened to the rain hammer the tent day after day.

i snagged a great weekly rate on a motel until the boat arrives...weather permitting (i CAN & DO ride in the foul-weather when i need to be somewhere, but i don't feel the need or desire to prove myself by pleasure-riding during downpours) i'll get to explore bellingham...if and when that occurs you may count on more narrative & pics...

again, THANK YOU to all my MB-friends who sat in the tent with me this last month...without y'all i swear i woulda stuck my head in an oven ;)

more soon :cool:

Augi

Trailer is still working good. Only about 250 miles so far, but looks like it should be dependable. Back to working on the stretch with the 50cc.....so's I can beat you up the hills. :whistle:

Regarding the oven, I spent over two hours with my head in one. All I got was oven cleaner burns on my face.....forgot the power was off. :confused: Shoulda known when the light didn't come on. :giggle:

Weather is more normal here lately.....intermittent rain, windy, and some sun. Not too bad for Juneau.

Denny

Go Augi ! Go!

Great to see all thats happening around MBc And your Big Ride! man keep up the good writings wish I woud have done some on my frist trip.....can't wait to read more....later bro and good luck!....Ride On !

Loco, good to see you come back on the board. I've often wondered what happened on your trip - you kinda disappeared on us.

Tell us the story, man.

yeah...hi loco...it's good to see you around alright :)

well, after more delays, i'm still standing by in bellingham...hoping for word soon that today is the day. wish i had more to say, but sitting in one place doesn't make for interesting story-telling...but boy does it ever play h*ll on the budget.

why have i sunk so much time & money into a "free" ride? i think it's because i want the bonus-adventure of making the passage on a small boat...anyways...

if the boat don't come in today, i fear i will have to give up on alaska and move on...keeping my fingers crossed, will update when i know something.

Last edited:
in the nick of time

well, the "good partner" made it...but she still is being delayed, haulout/inspection stuff i know nothing about...should be leaving wednesday...back to the motel for 2 days...the trailer's on the boat.

whew!

Attachments

• Photo06141232.jpg
    Photo06141232.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 232
Augie...Good to hear from ya. But, I think someone didn't tell you the complete truth...that doesn't look like a boat, it looks more like a Ship!! hehehe. Making the passage on that liner should be fantastic. You have just got to keep us posted. Oh, and I see that the sky is blue, and there is no rain. I think things are finally looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back