Cold/warm weather trike.

Will Snow

Local time
9:45 PM
I asked many questions on this forum about trikes so here is what I came up with.

Friction drive, because it is the most simple and easy to repair. All my other bikes are belt or chain drive with several gears. Years ago I had a couple friction drives that were fine except when wet. One fellow on this forum made it home in a heavy rain storm using a friction drive, so thought I would give it another try. I did go thru a wet area on the street and yes it did slip, but I was careful to reduce power and the slipping stopped. Just been riding it around the neighborhood and it seems just fine. Don't have a speedometer yet, but seems to get to 25 or 30 mph.

I like this type of body over fiberglass because it does not rumble with road noise and front panels can quickly be removed on warm days, plus the side windows can be unzipped and rolled open. In fact the whole body can easly be removed in less than 5 minutes. It also cost less.

Thank you for all the suggestion, I am very pleased with this form.

Attachments

• Copy1.jpg
    Copy1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 488
  • copy2.jpg
    copy2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 507
  • copy3.jpg
    copy3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 505
  • copy4.jpg
    copy4.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 438
I quite like that, Will.

Give us some details, please. Like, what make/model is the base trike? Where did you get the body shell? How is it attached to the bike frame? If you built it yourself, tell us about that process, please.

Thanks, glad you like it. I will be glad to pass the on what I did, nothing complicated, all very simple.

Trike is a Whizwheel terra.

The body is from vellokit.com, little under a thousand dollars and easy to install. Krash is the designer and builder, very easy to talk with. You will get a lot of info from this website.

And of course, a simple friction drive from Bike Motor Parts using the little 35cc subaru motor.

Nothing much to my credit, mostly the builders of these components.

Should there be other questions, feel welcome to ask.

I like it......just the thing for the rainforest climate here. Does it come with optional cup holders?

Back